HOW TO STOP RAIN FADE ?

Here you go... one for 110° and another for 119° on Dish.
GBT-140_Aerial_lo.jpg

Attachments

• GBT-140_Aerial_lo.jpg
    GBT-140_Aerial_lo.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 210
hasn't anyone ever lost cable during a bad storm? i have ;)
Last time was Hurricane Isabell. But I would rather put up with that outage once every 10 years than sat outages once a week during the middle of Weeds or something. Or 5 ruined recordings with glitches in them every week or month. Thats for the birds.

If you are having strong enough storms every week to cause so-called rain fade there must be some nasty pattern. I have had only 15 or so minutes of rain fade this entire summer! A properly aimed dish should not have "rain" fade except in the most severe storms or very thick, dark clouds.

BTW last September and Last January each had a 3 day cable outage in my area due to storms. I never even lost signal on my dish. :)

For KU there is no sure fire way to stop rain fade. Obviously the bigger the antenna the less chance you are to have trouble, but even then you will eventually have trouble if the weather gets bad enough. Rain fade with KU is more problematic than C band is since the transmit and receive spread is so much narrower than C band is.

just my 2 cents

James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

Pray earnestly...;)

Because Ku band's frequency wavelength is about the size of a raindrop it is very hard to totally eliminate ku rainfade. If you had c band you could watch it in the worst downpour ever and have no problems.

As a former installer, I agree with the rule: "aim the dish as well as is possible. Pick your weakest transponder and peak the dish using that meter display on the TV.

Regrading the huge dishes pictured here: ummm, you might want to check with your local zoning board. For starters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)