Optimum Voice

pjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I am thinking of switching over from Verizon to Opt. Voice, but I was curious as to how many of you have it and if you are happy with it. Most of what I have been able to find elsewhere has been very positive. Also, do any of you use battery backup (either for the modem or via a UPS)?

thanks

They have a new modem (Motorola 5120), it has a built in battery bank. Tell the sales guy to throw in the battery back up.

They have a new modem (Motorola 5120), it has a built in battery bank. Tell the sales guy to throw in the battery back up.

Thanks, that's good to know. The rep told me it would be the SB5100. I'll find out. Do you have the service? Are you happy with it?

OV is great. Service is great and the price is right for all you get. I love it.

Thanks, Remy! I am pretty much over the fence. Now I just have to convince the wife and get them to give me the $30 for each service deal for a year. I don't qualify for it since I have both TV and Internet. The deal is "technically" only for those who have ONLY TV or ONLY Internet. I'll get them to do it and hopefully cut down the install costs or give me some free stuff. I can't believe it costs $40 to transfer my line from Verizon and then only $20 for the actual install.

Push them hard for the freebies. Tell them you won't switch if you have to pay to port or for installation because that will eliminate the savings you will get. Even if they won't give you a triple play deal, you can get Optimum rewards if you have at least the iO package for TV. That will drop OV to $20 a month. Just make sure they set you up for it, I had to call to get the credit on my bill after I added OV.

I don't use the battery backup because I have an automatic whole house generator so my power is never out more then 30 seconds. If I didn't have the generator I would definitely have the battery.

Man, they won't budge. I spoke with sales and he wouldn't give me any deals, period. I went to cancel my OV installation and he was like "ok". I spoke with a sales manager and he was no help. I explained how a friend went to drop OV after the 1 year and they gave him a 2nd year at the promo price. The sales manager told me that is the retention dept. and they can offer stuff like that. I don't really want to threaten to drop Opt Online and have them call my bluff. Oh, well, it will still save me about $45/month. Having the promo for a year would've saved me an additional $20/month for a year, so it's not THAT bad, but it still would've been nice.

Man, they won't budge. I spoke with sales and he wouldn't give me any deals, period. I went to cancel my OV installation and he was like "ok". I spoke with a sales manager and he was no help. I explained how a friend went to drop OV after the 1 year and they gave him a 2nd year at the promo price. The sales manager told me that is the retention dept. and they can offer stuff like that. I don't really want to threaten to drop Opt Online and have them call my bluff. Oh, well, it will still save me about $45/month. Having the promo for a year would've saved me an additional $20/month for a year, so it's not THAT bad, but it still would've been nice.

I am glad you did not get a "deal"
"Freebies" need to be paid by someone and it ultimately is everyone via rate increases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts