Options for OTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
My hopper was installed in my basement, which normally wouldn't be an issue, but an Antenna in the basement is not going to work due to reception issues.

Is it possible to move the Hopper to our bedroom upstairs or any other thoughts on getting an antenna connected to the hopper while it's in the basement?

Thanks.

They have this cool thing called "RG-6 coax cable", that you can buy and have run from the basement to your roof. On one end it's attached to the Dish receiver, and on the other end on the roof it's attached to an ota antenna.

My hopper was installed in my basement, which normally wouldn't be an issue, but an Antenna in the basement is not going to work due to reception issues.

Is it possible to move the Hopper to our bedroom upstairs or any other thoughts on getting an antenna connected to the hopper while it's in the basement?

Thanks.

I'm not sure how your house is wired but running a coax cable from the antenna to the Hopper in the basement would be best. If it's easiest to move the Hopper then you can do that too. I'm guessing you only have an indoor antenna?

I'm not sure how your house is wired but running a coax cable from the antenna to the Hopper in the basement would be best. If it's easiest to move the Hopper then you can do that too. I'm guessing you only have an indoor antenna?

It would be a really long cable run from the hopper to my roof(about 60 feet) and also involve a lot of new holes in my house which I'd like to avoid. I only have a leaf antenna which is sufficient to where I'm located from local stations.

When the tech is out, I'll have him look at moving the Hopper to my bedroom. If that doesn't work I'll just put in a coax switch on one of the upstairs TV's and connect to the antenna as needed for weather emergencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts