Status
Not open for further replies.

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
0521201654-00.jpg

Someone vandalized my sister's dish, spray-painting it orange, causing her to completely lose satellite signal. So, we had to have a Dish technician come out to replace it. The technician let us keep the old dish. He said that it looked like whoever painted it had removed the LNB before painting the dish, and then put the LNB back. So, it is possible that the dish still works just fine with the paint on it, and the reason that she lost signal was because the vandal had reconnected the cable to the wrong port (the input port) on the LNB. I feel sheepish for not thinking to check that, but I had not realized that the LNB had been taken off in the first place, since that part of the arm was not painted at all. (I have no idea what the technician saw that made him conclude that the LNB had been removed before the dish was painted.)

Anyway, I thought that I would offer this dish for free to anyone here who wants it. I will even pay the shipping. Just send me your address in a private message, so I know where to send the dish.

The only parts I have are the ones shown in the picture. The technician took the old LNB when he installed my sister's new dish. This dish had been pole-mounted, so I do not have a mast for it, either.

It is probably not that hard to clean the paint off of the dish, but I do not want to put in the time and effort to do so. If nothing else, maybe you can use a sharpie to draw a scary pumpkin face on it, and have a dish that looks like a Jack-O-Lantern. All I ask is that if you do find a use for this dish, please reply here and post pictures. Thank you.

Reactions: FTA4PA
View attachment 145217
... (I have no idea what the technician saw that made him conclude that the LNB had been removed before the dish was painted.) ...
I finally saw what the technician might have been looking at to make him think that. I was removing the old pole mount today (the installer moved my sister's dish to a new location in order to switch her to Eastern Arc) and I noticed that the installer had left a cable behind. The tip of the cable was completely covered in orange paint, so there was no way that it would have been able to deliver a signal.

Reactions: krynn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts