Orby billing trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AE6CH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
San Jose, CA
On 7/3 I had my auto-bill turned off and my current month expired. Went to reactivate an I noticed the "expiration date" on the website still showed 7/3/19 after activation, but figured it was just a glitch, browser cache issue, or something else. Next day it stops working again, so I login and see its still expired on 7/3, and the site says my credit card is invalid. Amex website says there is a charge for $45 pending, but nothing else, the credit card is otherwise fine. So I switch credit cards, and run it again and it starts working. Again the expiration on the site still says 7/3. I log into that cards website, and they charged me a $1.90. Again, the next day the Orby stops working, login to the site, and same story. Repeat this about 4 or 5 times since the 3rd. Basically if I want to watch TV I pay for a "day", but I haven't had much time lately and mostly I was just amused by this.
Yesterday I had some free time so I called Orby to try to fix this. The rep looks over my account and says my account seems to be past due some random dollar amount ($4.xx?). I said thats interesting, but I wasn't sure how that was even possible given the way their subscription model works. She explains she has been there since they started and its possible, but couldn't explain how. I asked her thats fine, how do I get my account "current" and reactivate the service. She said I could just reactivate and it will work. I explained I have done this 4-5 times already and it works for a day and then stops working. She actually does see all the small payments that have gone through, and the original $45 I was charged (which now does show up on the first credit card).
So then she decides I have no "no base package selected", and just the HBO, Stars, etc selected. I say I have a screen shot from the website that says otherwise, and again, I've been a subscriber since day 1, and how does that even happen?
So then she says I've been logging in every day and changing my subscription. So I explained "no I've been logging in every day and paying my bill again".
This goes around and around for about 20 minutes, being put on hold multiple times, etc.

so here we are, I've been escalated, and as of now my service doesn't work unless I log in and reactivate it for another day.

I was in the process of signing my company up as a dealer, so I emailed the dealer manager and I am assuming I won't get a call back from customer service, but the dealer guy probably will call me back

Wow, what a mess. I hope they get it sorted for you. Orby is still a relativity new company. I assume they have some bugs to work out. This is a good test to see how well customer service makes this right.

About two months after subscribing, I downgraded from subscribing to the $50 package to the $40 package. A few months of billing errors followed that showed that I was subscribed to the $40 package but the auto payment showed a $50 charge.

I would call and receive a $10 credit then the credit became automatic for a few months. Now finally receiving a $40 bill, but still receiving the $50 package of channels... I let them know once, but continue to receive... :)

Reactions: wallyhts
So one change I noticed today, the website no longer says my service has been interrupted and seems to indicate I am good. However, my receiver still isn't reactivated.

Yes. That didn't fix it.

Mark from Orby got it fixed sometime last week, so I am back in business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)