Order ppv thru telephone line

deanocig

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I am trying to connect with Dish Network and order a ppv. It shows the phone connection is there. It dials out and is connecting but then gets dial out failure try again later, as long as 46 seconds it is tryiong. I have done the send status, phone detected, signal check, is green but when it does data sent it tries but doesn't get the full connection, red dot. It gives a confmation code. Still won't connect after that. I have hooked up several different phone cords. Even got to updating smartcard, then get failure again.

Last edited:
Its possible the modem in the receiver is failing.... try running a temp line right outside to the incoming box from the Tele companies box and test it just in case.

If you really want to order a ppv I'd just call or log on to your account online and do it.. works just as easy. I'd also advise to just unhook the phone line, last thing anyone needs is them tracking your viewing habits. ;)

Not good for the rest of my family

I can do it easily, but my wife and kids can't. You need to have a credit card. If it could billed to my account which is preauthoried, then they could do it for PPV or VOD. I can't do it remotely like other movies, from somewhere else. I wanted them to be able to do it when I am not around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)