Order the PI channels...get a warning message read to me

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This is pretty funny

When I got set back up with Dish, I got the Family Pack and asked for the PI channel pack. Got Family pack but no PI channels

Call today and talk to a guy in tech support. He's checking and can't find the PI channel pack. Then he says "The Public Access channels like TBN, EWTN, etc?"

I told him yes and the channels in the 9400's too like Pentagon, Classic Arts, etc. So he adds it but has to read me a warning.

"The channels added in this pack may not be suitable for all audiences and may include items like profanity, nudity and violence". I told him I understood and would just block them out if need be :)

He apologized for having to read it. I told him that I uderstood and was probably something because I have the family pack. :)
(If you have AT60 or above these are included)

Geez....the way he was reading it to me it was like I was ordering Skinemax or HB-Hoe :D

Iceberg said:
"The channels added in this pack may not be suitable for all audiences and may include items like profanity, nudity and violence"
Geez....the way he was reading it to me it was like I was ordering Skinemax or HB-Hoe :D
Indeed, FSTV and LinkTV may contain some "naked truth".
And some documentaries on LinkTV may contain something, like yesterday they were showing some strip girls.

brada said:
Indeed, FSTV and LinkTV may contain some "naked truth".
And some documentaries on LinkTV may contain something, like yesterday they were showing some strip girls.

Mybe I should get rid of playboy and get the free stuff LOL

yeah I know. I don't think Dish tells this to people who have AT60 or above. They're just automatically added.

The rep and myself had a good laugh at the "warning" that he had to read. :)

nudity on C-Span2? :eek: (maybe language) :)

There was a post on these very boards not too long ago from a Family Pack subscriber complaining about lesbian kissing on a PI channel. He, and others, have probably complained to Dish about that sort of thing.

After all, the Family Pack is advertised as family-friendly. And, as much as I think people like that are nutballs, they have every right to complain. And, what Dish is doing by only adding them by request, and with a disclaimer, is completely understandable.

There was a post on these very boards not too long ago from a Family Pack subscriber complaining about lesbian kissing on a PI channel. He, and others, have probably complained to Dish about that sort of thing.
But the issue with that was it was on a channel that is currently part of the Family Pack (Colours TV) and not the add on

After all, the Family Pack is advertised as family-friendly. And, as much as I think people like that are nutballs, they have every right to complain. And, what Dish is doing by only adding them by request, and with a disclaimer, is completely understandable.

I just thought it was funny and so did the rep in tech support.

I mainly wanted it for the Documentary Channel : )

I think SA*-only customers get read the "riot act" too. LOL. :D At least they did read it to me, and I had to agree that my virgin eyes could be contaminated by such lewd programming as "BYUTV". ;)

jegrant said:
I think SA*-only customers get read the "riot act" too. LOL. :D At least they did read it to me, and I had to agree that my virgin eyes could be contaminated by such lewd programming as "BYUTV". ;)

I dont know. I saw a football game on BYU TV (They have old BYU sporting events Friday ngihts) and there were a couple of "violent" hits :D

I have a SkyAngel only sub (downgraded a while back) and they refused to add the PI channels. Has that policy changed?

Brad

Case in point, this hilarious anti-Mormon propaganda cartoon:

Why is this appropriate or even acceptable to post here? If this was an anti Muslim, or anti Evangelical Christian, or anti Jewish video, would that be ok?

andrews777 said:
I have a SkyAngel only sub (downgraded a while back) and they refused to add the PI channels. Has that policy changed?

Brad

you have to be a sub to Dish Network (even one channel). Yes SA uses Dish equipment but it isn't a Dish subscription.

Iceberg said:
you have to be a sub to Dish Network (even one channel). Yes SA uses Dish equipment but it isn't a Dish subscription.

They manage to charge me the 2nd receiver fee and the DVR fee for both receivers.... It is pretty annoying, since I am not getting any Dish programming, as you note. :(

If they are going to bill me those other fees, they should at least give me the "free" channels. :)

Brad

andrews777 said:
They manage to charge me the 2nd receiver fee and the DVR fee for both receivers.... It is pretty annoying, since I am not getting any Dish programming, as you note. :(

If they are going to bill me those other fees, they should at least give me the "free" channels. :)

Brad

do you get an invocie from Dish for the 2nd recever/DVR fees or from SA?

If its Dish, then you should be able to get those channels because techncially you are "an active customer" :)

Iceberg said:
I dont know. I saw a football game on BYU TV (They have old BYU sporting events Friday ngihts) and there were a couple of "violent" hits :D

Comming up next...Sister Mary will debue a proposed uniform change for the sisters, the sleves are half their length, may not be sutable for all audinces to view, so parents be shure you want you children to see this (much skin?) and if not change the channel or take jonny and sarah up stairs for "vegie tails"

sarcasim and cynitacalism now turned off. please enjoy

Iceberg said:
do you get an invocie from Dish for the 2nd recever/DVR fees or from SA?

If its Dish, then you should be able to get those channels because techncially you are "an active customer" :)

I pay Dish regularly. I am a lifetime sub for SkyAngel, so I don't have to pay them anything.

When I called Dish, they told me I couldn't get the PI. I think it was because I didn't have any programming package. I am sure I am not a "real customer" when it benefits them (here), but I would be one if I wanted to go for a "new customer" deal.

Brad

andrews777 said:
I pay Dish regularly. I am a lifetime sub for SkyAngel, so I don't have to pay them anything.

When I called Dish, they told me I couldn't get the PI. I think it was because I didn't have any programming package. I am sure I am not a "real customer" when it benefits them (here), but I would be one if I wanted to go for a "new customer" deal.

Brad

try technical help. That's who I spoke to to have the pack added. its worth a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)