Order the PI channels...get a warning message read to me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is funny - same exact thing happened to me. I had the Family Pack last month and called tech support to add the PI channels too. I also got the same warning read to me. The CSR was kind of embarrassed to have to read it but I thought it was funny.

Did your tech call them "the public access channels"?

Thats what the tech I spoke to said. He couldnt find the PI pack but found "the public access channels"

Iceberg said:
This is pretty funny

When I got set back up with Dish, I got the Family Pack and asked for the PI channel pack. Got Family pack but no PI channels

Call today and talk to a guy in tech support. He's checking and can't find the PI channel pack. Then he says "The Public Access channels like TBN, EWTN, etc?"

I told him yes and the channels in the 9400's too like Pentagon, Classic Arts, etc. So he adds it but has to read me a warning.

"The channels added in this pack may not be suitable for all audiences and may include items like profanity, nudity and violence". I told him I understood and would just block them out if need be :)

He apologized for having to read it. I told him that I uderstood and was probably something because I have the family pack. :)
(If you have AT60 or above these are included)

Geez....the way he was reading it to me it was like I was ordering Skinemax or HB-Hoe :D

Honestly I think that that is the first and only time I have ever heard of Dish actually doing something responsible and warning a customer of a potential issue with indecency.

FWIW, I currently only have an SA* lifetime sub, and when I called tech support at DISH, they were able to turn it on right away (after reading the aforementioned warning). However, when I talked to sales, they had absolutely no idea what package I wanted, and kept trying to sell me AT60 to receive PI channels.

Calling Tech Suppot worked! I had to ignore the phone menus that said to connect with a CSR, but the Tech Support lady had them enabled in less than a minute or so. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)