Order the PI channels...get a warning message read to me

This is funny - same exact thing happened to me. I had the Family Pack last month and called tech support to add the PI channels too. I also got the same warning read to me. The CSR was kind of embarrassed to have to read it but I thought it was funny.

Did your tech call them "the public access channels"?

Thats what the tech I spoke to said. He couldnt find the PI pack but found "the public access channels"

Iceberg said:
This is pretty funny

When I got set back up with Dish, I got the Family Pack and asked for the PI channel pack. Got Family pack but no PI channels

Call today and talk to a guy in tech support. He's checking and can't find the PI channel pack. Then he says "The Public Access channels like TBN, EWTN, etc?"

I told him yes and the channels in the 9400's too like Pentagon, Classic Arts, etc. So he adds it but has to read me a warning.

"The channels added in this pack may not be suitable for all audiences and may include items like profanity, nudity and violence". I told him I understood and would just block them out if need be :)

He apologized for having to read it. I told him that I uderstood and was probably something because I have the family pack. :)
(If you have AT60 or above these are included)

Geez....the way he was reading it to me it was like I was ordering Skinemax or HB-Hoe :D

Honestly I think that that is the first and only time I have ever heard of Dish actually doing something responsible and warning a customer of a potential issue with indecency.

FWIW, I currently only have an SA* lifetime sub, and when I called tech support at DISH, they were able to turn it on right away (after reading the aforementioned warning). However, when I talked to sales, they had absolutely no idea what package I wanted, and kept trying to sell me AT60 to receive PI channels.

Calling Tech Suppot worked! I had to ignore the phone menus that said to connect with a CSR, but the Tech Support lady had them enabled in less than a minute or so. :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)