Ordered Dish - How to get better install date.

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
Hi all!

Ordered Dish (ViP622, ViP211, SD rcvr, Dish 1000, 34 switch) - took 30 minutes. Got an install date of 3/21. :mad:

I don't have any other TV option until they install (new house, no cable, no antenna).
Anyone know how I can get the date moved up? :what

Thanks!
Jeff

Now that you have a workorder created, have you tried calling up a local retailer? They may be able finagle things and get you in. I know the retailers, RSPs, and contractors are a bit slower than the DNS employees right now.

jstrait said:
Hi all!

Ordered Dish (ViP622, ViP211, SD rcvr, Dish 1000, 34 switch) - took 30 minutes. Got an install date of 3/21. :mad:

I don't have any other TV option until they install (new house, no cable, no antenna).

Thanks!
Jeff
Drop the 622 their availability is the greatest reason for delays in installation.:)

jstrait said:
Hi all!

Thanks!
Jeff

Hey, you got it good. I called 2 weeks ago and my install date was set for mid April!

Well...as the guys above said, the delay is mostly cause of the extreme demand for the Vip622. If I were you I'd wait until I actually recieved the 622 and then run a search on the Dish site to find a retailer. I'd then called the retailers which 98% of the time are the ones doing the installs and tell them that you already have a work order and ALREADY have the 622 at hand. They have an intranet site with Dish and they are able to retrieve your work order as webbydude said above. You can then sweet talk them into doing your job sooner if they have the time. I have a great rappore with my local Dish installer and they have explained a lot of stuff to me. So go ahead and give that a try !!!!!

I would just try to contact someone local... explain the situation to them and see if they can get you the 622. Sometimes it can be a real pain in the you-know-what as a retailer to get Dish to cancel a work order and allow the retailer the install.

Local retailer to the rescue!

webbydude said:
Now that you have a workorder created, have you tried calling up a local retailer? They may be able finagle things and get you in. I know the retailers, RSPs, and contractors are a bit slower than the DNS employees right now.

Thanks webbydude!

I called my local retailer (Affordable Satellites) to have an OTA antenna installed to tide me over until the Dish install. In the course of the conversation with Heather, I explained my problem with the Dish installation schedule. She replied, 'I'll be getting two 622's next week, you want one'? When I could speak again I accepted! I had to cancel the Dish order myself, but other than that Heather handled everything else!

I now have (1) ViP622, (1) ViP211, and (1) 311 driving 4 TV's, a Channel Master 4-bay antenna which picks up every digital station in my area, including the most distant (Asheville) stations. (The installer says I am in a great location for OTA).

Kudos to Greg (installer) and Heather (owner) of Affordable Satellites. Greg did a A+++ job - very professional and Heather saved my sanity... :D

Thanks to everyone for their help!
Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)