Ordered Sling, (everyone) Forced to Add Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When they did this after I ordered the adaptor, I called and they dropped the locals, no problem.

Now, actually USING that $99 card they sent me, that's another issue.

You will notice from my chat that I escalated through three levels of customer service to ERT, who still refused to put me back where I was, instead offering two years locals free of charge. I took that because I have other monthly credits that will expire before then and I may not even be staying with Dish once those run out. It's just strange that they think it's easier/better to offer a monthly credit rather than simply put me back and more importantly it seems they are flat out lying when they say "it's not possible" to put me back.

hammerdown said:
Not according to my past bills. I had AT200 without locals for $54.99 plus $6 DVR. After they added the locals today it went to $60 plus $6 DVR.

Okay, obviously there are loop holes to programming I am not up to speed about. Thank you for pointing it out.

hammerdown said:
You will notice from my chat that I escalated through three levels of customer service to ERT, who still refused to put me back where I was, instead offering two years locals free of charge. I took that because I have other monthly credits that will expire before then and I may not even be staying with Dish once those run out. It's just strange that they think it's easier/better to offer a monthly credit rather than simply put me back and more importantly it seems they are flat out lying when they say "it's not possible" to put me back.

Im sure its some kind of new business rule that has changed things for a business operations sense....

On a note if/when you do switch, make sure the CSR that sets you up for anything has it straight, as too many csr's want to rush thru the calls. Not that you dont already know this.

It's just strange that they think it's easier/better to offer a monthly credit rather than simply put me back and more importantly it seems they are flat out lying when they say "it's not possible" to put me back.
They aren't thinking that.. what they *are* thinking, is that in two years when the 5 dollar credit runs out, you'll be paying them the 5 dollar fee.. and you'll not bother over 5 bucks, or that they now have you to a new commitment for 2 years.. did you check that? to see if that because of this credit they're now sticking you into a new 2 year commitment?

I'm on the grandfathered no locals package. Probably the main reason I haven't taken DISH up on their free Sling adapter or free upgrade to a full EA setup from my current hybrid.

Their local offering in my DMA is truly pathetic, if "The List" is correct. PBS and NBC in HD, and CBS in SD. No Fox or ABC available (due to a dispute I guess).

I'm on the grandfathered no locals package. Probably the main reason I haven't taken DISH up on their free Sling adapter or free upgrade to a full EA setup from my current hybrid.

Their local offering in my DMA is truly pathetic, if "The List" is correct. PBS and NBC in HD, and CBS in SD. No Fox or ABC available (due to a dispute I guess).

Sounds like you're in the Bluefield-Beckley market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)