Ordering Dish

When I read what Hipcat and others say about how Dish pays techs and the metrics imposed it is no wonder that the good ones are rare. If they are good I can imagine a company like mine hiring them for doing cable-dog work on network installations and outside plant work we do on DoD installations, we normally give BICSI training to the guys we want to keep around.
Where do I sign up??? lol

I am going to switch from DirecTV to Dish and was wondering if it would be better to order directly from Dish at Dish.com or from a local authorized dealer. Any thoughts? My thought is that if I order locally, I might have a better chance of getting the equipment that I want, such as the Hopper 3 and two Joey 3's or Joey 4K's.

I would let them know that you read on here the carbon interface is slow on the older hardware. I called to cancel due to how slow it had been, they made sure to upgrade me to a Hopper 3/Joey 3 without a new contract or up front cost.

Also if you want a referral code to give us each 100 referral points (good for $50 or 2 Payperview movies, etc) PM me. Best of luck.

A local dealer will generally do a better job.

The problem is that corporate installers or contractors will likely never go back to your house again.

Therefore a corporate installer may do things to save time and to get the system installer, where as a retailer will likely do it 100% right the first time so they are not getting called back on a service call.

Example would be a retailer would take the time to run all new wires and clean up the mess left by the 3 previous providers you had.

A contractor would just install and not be concerned with the overall look of the finished product.

Many times If the customer had Dish for example, I’ll take the old Dish down and clean everything up.

A contractor will put up a new dish and leave everything else in place.

It’s not necessary to leave other non functioning antennas in place if they are not being used. If you switched back, you would get a new Dish anyways.

A local dealer will generally do a better job.

The problem is that corporate installers or contractors will likely never go back to your house again.

Therefore a corporate installer may do things to save time and to get the system installer, where as a retailer will likely do it 100% right the first time so they are not getting called back on a service call.

Example would be a retailer would take the time to run all new wires and clean up the mess left by the 3 previous providers you had.

A contractor would just install and not be concerned with the overall look of the finished product.

Many times If the customer had Dish for example, I’ll take the old Dish down and clean everything up.

A contractor will put up a new dish and leave everything else in place.

It’s not necessary to leave other non functioning antennas in place if they are not being used. If you switched back, you would get a new Dish anyways.
Half of everything you said is not true and the other half is subjective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)