Original air date not on 622

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I just had a 622 installed today. It is on software L359. On my 942, when you get the information on a program it shows the original air date.

Is the 622 suppose to have this information?

That's in the signal not the receiver/software. If its part of the description you'll get it no matter what receiver/software you have.

My 942 has it, but my 501 and 622 do not. I certainly understand it is part of the guide data, but the software would need to be designed to show it. My 942 did not have it until about a month ago. I noticed other people on this site noted that it showed up a release or two ago.

Does your 622 show the original air day for programs?

My new 622 (L359) does not have this either. I had it on my 942 that I turned in.

I don't think any 622 has this feature yet, but it would be nice if Dish would add it.

I was checking this over the weekend and I do have it on my 622. Last night watching Leave it to Beaver-1959, Star Trek all day Saturday 1966-1969. It's working just like the 811 does.

The feature came with the latest 942 sofware release but is not yet available on the 622.

Its a nice to have feature IMO that is not always correct especially for older programs.

I must be misunderstanding the question. When you say original air date are you meaning actual month/day/year? I only saw year on the 811 and 301 and I do still see year only on the 622.

On my 942 I get the month, day, and year listed. I will be upgrading to the 622 in a week or so. I'll know more then if my 622 has it or not. Its good info and I really like the feature.

OK- so how do you define "original air date?"
First time it was broadcast, anywhere?
First time on that station/channel?
First time on that network?

drjdan said:
gbjbany,

Are you saying you have it on your 622? What software release are you on?
sorry for the confusion on 942 NOT on 622. This is different to the year in the description, it appears on the epg, sometimes says 1/1/01 or N/A but for many shows it's great to identify the episode etc.
I have attached a picture with an example from my 942.

Attachments

• P1000247.JPG
    P1000247.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 208
This was definitely part of the 942 and is sorely missed on the 622. Hopefully they'll get it onto the 622 before the new season starts in the Fall.

Air Date

kstile said:
This was definitely part of the 942 and is sorely missed on the 622. Hopefully they'll get it onto the 622 before the new season starts in the Fall.

In spite of what has been previously touted on the 622 not having the original air date- This is NOT true across the board as I HAVE it listed in my 622 guide info! If the description for the program is to long however, then the date is the first thing to drop off because of limited character space and it is the last info given. Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts