Goltv only in spanish?

damaged said:
Source: http://www.goltv.tv/en_index.php?target=en_sobregoltv

Fair Use excerpt:

"GolTV*s unique offering positions it in the highly competitive US media market as the only TV channel devoted exclusively to soccer, 24 hours a day. GolTV broadcasts over 1,500 games per year, in 100% English and 100% Spanish making it the first-ever truly bilingual channel;"

It seems to indicate it does. *shrug*
If you go to the dish web site it says this
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/channels/index.asp?NetwID=50846

Do you mean the category indicating spanish and no english?, it maybe that the Category field may be just for search keyword use, and Dish may have merely ommited English in the category, since English is the default for programming for them.

The description states that the programming will default to English, and can be toggled to Spanish, I assume you already tried to change or check to make sure the English is selected for that channels SAP (Alternate Audio), which would be in-line with what the goltv site indicates.

Or am I way off, if so please clarify. :)

Goltv is broadcast in Spanish for the latino packages. But the all english is on ch. 407 on the top 180 i believe. They both have the same feed, just 2 different channels for different language.

The preview channel seems to be the Dish Latino feed. The AT180 feed has both English and Spanish and English is default. I just checked on this. As of this moment there is no English track on the Preview version of Gol TV

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
The preview channel seems to be the Dish Latino feed. The AT180 feed has both English and Spanish and English is default. I just checked on this. As of this moment there is no English track on the Preview version of Gol TV

See ya
Tony
What do you know. The first channel I've seen using the alternate audio. And the DVR records both, so you can switch.:cool:

WOW! Thanks for exposing me to this channel, They carry Italian Club soccer (among other countries). Too bad it's SD but at least I get to see some club soccer now!

I would've never known about this channel because I use favorites lists.

BTW English commentary on 407 and Spanish commentary on 285 (preview land) also they do run a bunch of commericals in spanish (makes sense because more spanish speaking americans like soccer in the US than english speaking).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts