Original hopper and onkyo home theatre

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GOMD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
cleveland
I have a Vizio e60i hooked up to the original hopper in my living room. Just connected an onkyo s3500 home theatre system today. I cannot seem to get the onkyo to go into standby mode when powering off the tv. I know the Hopper with sling had an hdmi cec issue that was addressed in a recent update. Does anyone with the original hopper have the same issue? I'm aware that my vizio could also be the problem, but was hoping to rule out the hopper here. Thanks

I have always manually turned of my Onkyo from the remote when I turn off my TV.. Then again, I usually leave my Hoppers on. Did that with the original Hoppers and the HWS.

My hoppers stay on too, but with hdmi cec the receiver should know to go into standby when the tv is turned off.

The HWS had an hdmi handshake issue where it was keeping the receiver on, but dish addressed this with a software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)