Original Hopper and OTA dongle

vrkeller

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 31, 2014
Kansas
Okay, it's been a while since I've tried this but I did try to go directly from antenna to my hopper OTA to no avail. I bypassed everything and it is still not showing the two main channels I want on my hopper. They still show up when it's direct to my TV but not to the Hopper?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Contact DIRT to see if they can arrange a replacement dongle. I'm not sure if you went through the normal reps if they'd do it (since it picks up many channels, it's not "broke" to them).

vrkeller

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 31, 2014
Kansas
I did contact DIRT and they were going to put a ticket on it. They didn't mention replacing the dongle? Thank you!!

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I don't see any other option, but even I'm skeptical that it's a "weak" model. I don't think it will solve your problem, to be honest, but you want to rule it out. It's the only other variable.

vrkeller

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 31, 2014
Kansas
That makes sense. I just don't understand why when the OTA is plugged directly in to the tv I get a lot of channels and when it's directly to the hopper dongle I don't???

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
There's this combination of variables:

TV stations (all of them) + your antenna + your TV's tuner = all stations come in
TV stations (all of them) + your antenna + the OTA's tuner = a couple of stations do not come in

Am I missing anything ? What's different between the two ? :)

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
It COULD be a bad OTA dongle, or the wiring or even some weird quirk in the Hopper.

Not all tuners are equal. But the Hopper OTA tuner seems to have a good rep. It COULD just be that the TV OTA tuner is better at getting those two stations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

vrkeller

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 31, 2014
Kansas
Sounds good. What is the best way to get a dongle replaced at no cost, or is that a possibility you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts