Original Hopper and OTA dongle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will have to try that out. I do stand corrected as the "X's" part of my antenna are pointing to Colorado...sorry!!

Okay, it's been a while since I've tried this but I did try to go directly from antenna to my hopper OTA to no avail. I bypassed everything and it is still not showing the two main channels I want on my hopper. They still show up when it's direct to my TV but not to the Hopper?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Contact DIRT to see if they can arrange a replacement dongle. I'm not sure if you went through the normal reps if they'd do it (since it picks up many channels, it's not "broke" to them).

I did contact DIRT and they were going to put a ticket on it. They didn't mention replacing the dongle? Thank you!!

I don't see any other option, but even I'm skeptical that it's a "weak" model. I don't think it will solve your problem, to be honest, but you want to rule it out. It's the only other variable.

That makes sense. I just don't understand why when the OTA is plugged directly in to the tv I get a lot of channels and when it's directly to the hopper dongle I don't???

There's this combination of variables:

TV stations (all of them) + your antenna + your TV's tuner = all stations come in
TV stations (all of them) + your antenna + the OTA's tuner = a couple of stations do not come in

Am I missing anything ? What's different between the two ? :)

That's exactly right! I guess I don't understand why they don't come in...

It COULD be a bad OTA dongle, or the wiring or even some weird quirk in the Hopper.

Not all tuners are equal. But the Hopper OTA tuner seems to have a good rep. It COULD just be that the TV OTA tuner is better at getting those two stations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sounds good. What is the best way to get a dongle replaced at no cost, or is that a possibility you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)