Original Hopper and Sling with diplexers to add off air/cable?

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Wanted to know if it's possible to use diplexers to tie in an off air or cable signal on the same wire as used for the joey and hopper so the tv can change inputs and goto off air or cable in my RV?
Can this be done and any diagrams would be awesome for the RV installers.
Thanks
Don

Wanted to know if it's possible to use diplexers to tie in an off air or cable signal on the same wire as used for the joey and hopper so the tv can change inputs and goto off air or cable in my RV?
Can this be done and any diagrams would be awesome for the RV installers.
Thanks
Don
No, you can't use diplexers on the line from the node (or hybrid LNB) to Hopper. The frequencies used for Moca interfere with off air channels.

Reactions: brad1138
You could theoretically, with just a Hopper, but if you are also running a Joey, it will mess up the moca frequencies
Do you think that would really work? If I could do that with my parents account and just add the hopper and replace the 722k , they could still get ota without adding another line for just ota.

Do you think that would really work? If I could do that with my parents account and just add the hopper and replace the 722k , they could still get ota without adding another line for just ota.

The only problem would be if the Diplexor cuts off the frequencies above ~2.2 GHz on the Sat feed side, which I don't think it does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts