Original Winegard Carryout

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitch5252

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
I have an original Winegard Carryout (the BIG one...). I have searched online and have only found compatible Directv receivers for the newer Carryout(s).

Does anyone know which receivers are compatible with the original Carryout? My new travel trailer has a little cubby meant for satellite receiver and I have 2 smaller footprint receivers, and 3 big ones, which don't fit.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Michelle

OP HERE - just went and looked on the bottom of the antenna. There is nothing except CarryOut. Like I said, it's the original, big one.

I believe that unit is standard Def ONLY ..... which means it will receive signal from the 101 Sat ....
That being the case, I would think most of the prior to Genie recvr should work.
I personally would try a HR24 .

Btw, if you put a recvr in the cubby hole if your talking next to the TV in front, keep an eye on it as they tend to get pretty hot up there with just the fiberglass shell between it and the outdoors.

I ended up moving mine eventually down to the basement.

As far as DTV goes, all Carryouts are SD only. The only DTV HD capable Winegard Dish is the Trav'ler.

As far as DTV goes, all Carryouts are SD only. The only DTV HD capable Winegard Dish is the Trav'ler.
And at least a $1000 more ...
Thats Trav'ler would be nice, but its also not very portable and I think its considerably larger.

Its a shame that no one makes one that would work with D* HD for under $1000.

Reactions: Ziptied
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)