Orlando Magic switch to FSN Florida

You know what would be really interesting would be an ordered breakdown of avg minutes per day for each channel. By hour, even more interesting. IOW, an ordered list of most-watched to least watched. But I bet that is some of the most closely guarded data in BHN.

EDIT...WHY DID IT PUT IN ALL THIS BLANK SPACE?

If the poll could of said "Do you think your cable bill should go up 50cents for one channel" Your result would of been different.. Surely asking someone "Do you want this" Without telling them what the cost they will say sure.

What is the big deal with FSN being an addon channel? The only people who benefit from it NOT being an addon channel is FSN. They are the only ones who get anything extra. Not the viewers nor BHN.. But everyone except FSN benefits from it being an addon channel.

You know what would be really interesting would be an ordered breakdown of avg minutes per day for each channel. By hour, even more interesting. IOW, an ordered list of most-watched to least watched. But I bet that is some of the most closely guarded data in BHN.

EDIT...WHY DID IT PUT IN ALL THIS BLANK SPACE?

Im privey to certain information which is why I mention the huge demand for FSN is not really there. They may eventually cave, as I posted some time ago, I was expecting it to happen before the Magic Season, but I still have hope that they want cave in to their demands.. Its also a proven that the majority of BHN customers who would be interesting in FSN / Magic Games, have Digital cable, and are typically more "high paying" clients if you will. So adding it to digital tier would not leave as many people out as youd think. But adding it to the analog tier (which is going the way of the 8track soon) will surely hurt the lady living on welfare, or S.S or disability as her cable will go up even more for a channel she probably couldn't care less about.

Its a two way street. BHN has its needs, FSN has its needs. FSN wants EVERY BHN sub to pay them money, Whos being greedy?

wow, the natives are sure pissed off at bhn over in orlando. they have already missed 3 magic games and this stalemate doesn't appear to be resolved anytime soon. my apologies to bhn employees but that joke of an excuse letter over at the website is pitiful!

Tell FSN To let BHN Carry the channel to only those who want it. I see the numbers of who is leaving and who isn't and I assure you its no where near what you think.. Perhaps if the magic were not doing so horribly (perhaps after the 96 season) We might see an uproar, but as of right now seems not many care..

I also love how everyone is blaming BHN... As if they are the only person in this TWO person deal... BHN's stand is simple and the CFL President and FLA group president has said BHN will stand firm on this.. BHN Will not be forced to charge EVERY subscriber we have the Ridiculous Fee FSN wants just so a select few can watch the Magic Games.. BHN has Offered EVERY magic game since the Magic began here in Orlando BHN did not change anything. The Magic and FSN did.. They got greedy, instead of offering the fans the games FREE on the Local broadcast station The Magic and FSN got greedy and now want to charge fans for what they once got free.. Wait they dont only want to charge fans but EVERY BHN customer in Central Florida, regardless of being a fan or not or even caring for the magic..

Its very simple for the Magic and FSN.. Let ONLY the customers who WANT the channel order it. Specially if they want to charge their outrages fee for it. Or lower the fee to a reasonable rate, or even free and let BHN carry it on the lowest package.

Not to mention FOX owns, WRBW (former magic station), Sun Sports (MAgic Station) and FSN.... So they have now moved the Magic from WRBW (Free) To FSN and Sun Sports.. So now you will be requried to pay for both channels to see the same games you saw for the cost of one channel before.. I do not understand how you cannot see how clearly this is nothing more then a ploy from FOX to build its FSN channel, Since it already owned WRBW and SUn Sports it was simple enough for them to move the magic games, to try to get more money for both channels but having the same content.. They want to double and triple dip..

I am proud to say I took my 180$ a month and switched to D*. I could not be happier with the HD channels, picture quality actually looks better on D* so don't let anyone tell you anything else. After 2 weeks I can say I have no issues with rain fade, poor service, wondering if more HD is coming or a company out to squeeze every dollar from me. Only service I am keeping with BHN is my Internet for now, I did switch to the lower Road Runner speed to lower the money I give the Crooks. My bill dropped to 110$ total a month, that's Internet and D*.

sorry, steven, but i'm just not buying bhn's argument. fsn florida is on analog tier on every other cable system in this state, including bhn tampa. but bhn central florida wants it on digital because there aren't enough analog channels left. that's the newest in their long list of excuses.

and i can't even blame the magic here either. they have threatened for years to move their games to fsn to force bhn to carry the channel. the parties have had months to negotiate yet this is still unresolved. its a crying shame too.

glad i have directv. and i'm enjoying a whole bunch of new crystal clear hd with more to come. bright house, what have you done for me lately, other than piss me off?

i think they have underestimated just how emotional sports fans can be. they might not be the majority. but they are passionate enough to cancel their service and move to satellite

This is an interesting discussion, and clearly shows how there is always two sides to every story.

In my opinion, we do not know the real motivations behind either side. We can hear what each says is their motivation, and what each says is the motivation of the other side (four total "positions" to consider). But you know as well as I, what you hear from each is not a complete revelation of their thinking.

You are left with making up your own mind with the (incomplete) information you have, and making your choice as to where the best value lies for yourself. For some--example, sports fans--the answer may be different than for others.

sorry, steven, but i'm just not buying bhn's argument. fsn florida is on analog tier on every other cable system in this state, including bhn tampa. but bhn central florida wants it on digital because there aren't enough analog channels left. that's the newest in their long list of excuses.

and i can't even blame the magic here either. they have threatened for years to move their games to fsn to force bhn to carry the channel. the parties have had months to negotiate yet this is still unresolved. its a crying shame too.

glad i have directv. and i'm enjoying a whole bunch of new crystal clear hd with more to come. bright house, what have you done for me lately, other than piss me off?

i think they have underestimated just how emotional sports fans can be. they might not be the majority. but they are passionate enough to cancel their service and move to satellite

You are absolutely right the Magic and FSN only did it to "Threaten" BHN to carry the channel.. So you can blame there Greed as to why you can only see half the magic games on BHN.

BHN Tampa offers it on their analog tier for whatever reason I think its because of The Lightning and the Bucs. Sorry but the Orlando Magic are not exactly a "Premier" and in Tampa they didnt just all of a sudden switch the games to FSN to force BHN to carry it they negotiated and got it moved. FSN in CFL Wants to use force to get what they want, and the fees they want.

I am proud to say I took my 180$ a month and switched to D*. I could not be happier with the HD channels, picture quality actually looks better on D* so don't let anyone tell you anything else. After 2 weeks I can say I have no issues with rain fade, poor service, wondering if more HD is coming or a company out to squeeze every dollar from me. Only service I am keeping with BHN is my Internet for now, I did switch to the lower Road Runner speed to lower the money I give the Crooks. My bill dropped to 110$ total a month, that's Internet and D*.

Your not gonna get the rain fade until Storm season rolls around again next year.. For 180$ a month you had to of had every movie package as well.. and for the 70 or so your paying for Dish you surely do not have all the movie channels so you are not comparing apples to apples on price.

BHN Digital Cable + Internet (7mbit) + HD with a DVR want cost you more then 130 a month with taxes So if your paying 180$ it means you had multiple digital boxs or premium channels.

Those crooks recently increased the Bandwidth of your low speed RR for free.. Dam them!

This is an interesting discussion, and clearly shows how there is always two sides to every story.

In my opinion, we do not know the real motivations behind either side. We can hear what each says is their motivation, and what each says is the motivation of the other side (four total "positions" to consider). But you know as well as I, what you hear from each is not a complete revelation of their thinking.

You are left with making up your own mind with the (incomplete) information you have, and making your choice as to where the best value lies for yourself. For some--example, sports fans--the answer may be different than for others.

Its pretty simple Argument. They only moved the magic games in an attempt to Force BHN to charge all 900K Cable subs to pay their ridiculous fee, for the channel.. Why? because they know if the consumers had a choice A. They would be lucky to get 50k Subs, (just for that channel not counting the rest of the "Sports Tier" subs) B. They would not be able to charge more for advertising because the channel is more "limited"

So if your upset at not being able to see Magic games that BHN has carried since DAY 1 of the Magic coming to orlando, then blame the people who changed it. BHN has not changed anything.

Your not gonna get the rain fade until Storm season rolls around again next year.. For 180$ a month you had to of had every movie package as well.. and for the 70 or so your paying for Dish you surely do not have all the movie channels so you are not comparing apples to apples on price.

BHN Digital Cable + Internet (7mbit) + HD with a DVR want cost you more then 130 a month with taxes So if your paying 180$ it means you had multiple digital boxs or premium channels.

Those crooks recently increased the Bandwidth of your low speed RR for free.. Dam them!

What is wrong with you? Does BHN pay you to come on here? With Directv I just picked up the HR21 HD DVR, 250+ channels, every movie channel, 70+ HD channels, Sunday Ticket, Nascar Hotpass and all the RSN's I could ever want. The cost came out to $69.00 for the first 4 months then $80.00 after that.

It rained here all last week and I never had a problem with rain fade.

Tampa BHN has FSN so you cant stand up for Orlando not having it. It all comes down to Greed

but there are a bunch of magic fans in orlando that would disagree. its like i previously stated. they might comprise only a small percentage of bhn's customer base in central florida. however, they are extremely passionate about the home team.

and i guess my stupid question here: why shouldn't bhn in central florida carry fsn florida? every other cable provider in the state does. perhaps, its because i'm a sports fanatic but i give the magic credit for trying to force bhn's hand. if they didn't, your subs would never get this channel in central florida. now, maybe they have a slight chance.

I must be missing somthing. I was just on the direct tv. web site. The premier package after three months is 99.99+14.98 for all the hd channels+5.99 for dvr service. Is there a deal that I don't know about? And no I do not work for bhn.
keith

but there are a bunch of magic fans in orlando that would disagree. its like i previously stated. they might comprise only a small percentage of bhn's customer base in central florida. however, they are extremely passionate about the home team.

and i guess my stupid question here: why shouldn't bhn in central florida carry fsn florida? every other cable provider in the state does. perhaps, its because i'm a sports fanatic but i give the magic credit for trying to force bhn's hand. if they didn't, your subs would never get this channel in central florida. now, maybe they have a slight chance.

Tell FSN to not charge such an outrages fee. I think they were asking some 40cents a sub.. That is freaking crazy for a channel that will be watched 42 times a year for 2-3 hours each time....

What is wrong with you? Does BHN pay you to come on here? With Directv I just picked up the HR21 HD DVR, 250+ channels, every movie channel, 70+ HD channels, Sunday Ticket, Nascar Hotpass and all the RSN's I could ever want. The cost came out to $69.00 for the first 4 months then $80.00 after that.

It rained here all last week and I never had a problem with rain fade.

Tampa BHN has FSN so you cant stand up for Orlando not having it. It all comes down to Greed

Tampa is a different market with different market needs.

It didn't rain it sprinkled. Im talking about a good ol summer thunderstorm.. Simple rain doesn't stop it but the clouds and lightning filled sky does.

Not sure where your getting your pricing or what the people told you but the Package I think you have is the "Premier Package"

Ok so first 3 months are 66.95 After that its 99.95 (9.995 for HD) So its (About 76/month 3 months then 109.98 each month there after)

Ok that includes 1 Free HD DVR.... Want 3 more TVS? Well you can lease them for 14.95 a month...

Now its possible you got a special rate to leave cable. But I highly doubt its special more then a year or 2, then it goes to normal pricing. And if they gave you Sunday ticket you must of really talked them down in price, because that costs them a pretty penny..

Tampa is a different market with different market needs.

It didn't rain it sprinkled. Im talking about a good ol summer thunderstorm.. Simple rain doesn't stop it but the clouds and lightning filled sky does.

Not sure where your getting your pricing or what the people told you but the Package I think you have is the "Premier Package"

Ok so first 3 months are 66.95 After that its 99.95 (9.995 for HD) So its (About 76/month 3 months then 109.98 each month there after)

Ok that includes 1 Free HD DVR.... Want 3 more TVS? Well you can lease them for 14.95 a month...

Now its possible you got a special rate to leave cable. But I highly doubt its special more then a year or 2, then it goes to normal pricing. And if they gave you Sunday ticket you must of really talked them down in price, because that costs them a pretty penny..

You must
A) Work for BHN
B) Have some interest in them
C) You get paid to stand up for them on message boards, going by your post count

I have lived in Fl my whole life, so I know what a thunderstorm looks like. Tuesday we had no sun here and it rained most the day, so don't tell me about some sprinkle

The only issue I have with Directv is no CWHD, but I have an antenna so its ok. Also Speed HD needs to add some HD shows

My deal is $69.00 with HD ( total without tax) for the first 4 months then $80.00 with HD (again total without tax) after that. I get every channel and these HD channels

70 - HBO HD East
71 - Showtime HD East
72/209 - ESPN2 HD
73/206 - ESPN HD
74 - Universal HD
75 - TNT HD
76 - HD Theater
78 - HDNet Movies
79 - HDNet
95 - Miscellaneous HD Events Channel
98 - PPV Events
99 - PPV Movies
101 - CD USA
135 - PPV Movies
136 - PPV Movies
137 - PPV Movies
138 - PPV Movies
145 - PPV Movies
146 - PPV Movies
147 - PPV Movies
202 - CNN HD
212 - NFL Network HD
215 - NHL Network HD
220 - Big Ten Network HD
229-1 - HGTV HD
231-1 - FOOD HD
242 - USA Network HD
244 - Sci Fi HD
245 - TNT HD
247 - TBS HD
248 - FX HD
255 - MGM HD
265 - A&E HD
267 - Smithsonian HD
269 - History Channel HD
273 - Bravo HD
276 - National Geographic HD
278 - Discovery HD
280 - TLC HD
282 - Animal Planet HD
284 - Science Channel HD
296 - The Cartoon Network HD
332 - MHD
355 - CNBC HD+
359 - FOX Business HD
362 - Weather Channel HD
501 - HBO HD East
504 - HBO HD West
509 - HBO HD East
512 - Cinemax HD East
514 - Cinemax HD West
518 - Starz Kids and Family HD
519 - Starz Comedy HD
520 - Starz HD East
521 - Starz HD West
522 - Starz Edge HD
537 - Showtime HD East
538 - SHO TOO HD East
540 - Showtime HD West
543 - Showtime HD East
544 - The Movie Channel HD East
601 - NBA HD
604 - Versus HD / Golf Channel HD
607 - SPEED HD
612 - FUEL HD
622 - YES
623 - New England Sports Network
625 - SportsNet New York
628-1 - FSN Pittsburgh
629 - Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
636 - FSN Detroit
639-1 - FSN Houston
640 - Comcast SportsNet Chicago
643 - FSN Southwest
647-1 - FSN Midwest
648-1 - FSN Midwest Alternate
652 - FSN West
653 - FSN Prime Ticket
669-1 - FSN Detroit Alternate

I come on here to post to give my personal view and my view is BHN is out to suck us all dry. With BHN I had every channel and Road Runner ($49.99) for 180+ a month. With Directv I have lowered my bill, I now have the best programing on the market and a service provider who loves sports

Tell FSN to not charge such an outrages fee. I think they were asking some 40cents a sub.. That is freaking crazy for a channel that will be watched 42 times a year for 2-3 hours each time....

you forget there are a lot of marlin - dray fans in central florida too. i suspect that channel would be watched more frequently than bhn suggests. lets not forget college basketball is coming up too. beside, the gator mens games, there are the acc games that are very popular in the winter.

I suggest emailing and writing FOX (Who owns, FSN, Sun, CW) (Double triple dipping i think?) And asking them to stop demanding such an out rageous price, or allow only those who want it to order the channel. They are hurting the fans of the magic by taking away what they have gotten free for the entire span of the Magic.. Why do they need to charge so much per sub? Well the answer is obvious because their ratings are so low, they cannot support themselves with advertiseing dollars. Its rather simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)