Orsen Welles as "the Bat-Man..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrjcd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
ON Aint it Cool, they have a report about an upcoming biography about Orsen Welles...in the course of researching years of Welles' notes and files, the author found a fifty page treatment of a proposed Batman project that Welles was trying to get together back in 1944 sometime between the filming of Citizen Kane and the Lady from Shanghai...In addition to the treatment, there are productions drawings by the great cinematogapher Greg Toland and letters of commitment from Basil Rathbone, James Cagney, George Raft and Marlene Dietrich as (respectively) the Joker, the Riddler, Two Face, and The Catwoman. The project apparently fell apart when the studio demanded that Gregory Peck play Bruce Wayne-a role that Welles himself was intent on playing-and the removal of Rathbone as the Joker. Test stills with Peck were possibly taken in a batman costume.

I don't know about you, but even should this turn out to be an urban legend or a fanboy's wet dream, just the idea and the possibility are exciting enough...and should there be actually be a film treatment, i think i would rather see that(much in the same vein that Speilberg made "A.I." by channeling Kubrick)translated into the next Batman mivie...

sometimes the mind boggles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts