OSU Football Coverage

it wasnt the best feed picture wise. I saw the feed being uplinked and it was soft compared to other games (and blurry sometimes). Audio was fine

It would go from Blurry with pixels to the audio always having static in it. It was like watching some highschool game on tv, as far as production quality goes.

that sounds like an issue with the local station. The feed didnt have that issue. I had to record the game for my younger brother (he's a OSU fan)

As mentioned in a previous post, the game was on ESPN+ (I'm surprised to hear it being on a CBS station)

Jimbo
ESPN+ affiliates can really be anyone. If you look at the list of affiliates its a multitude of networks

WEWS (Cleveland); ABC
WSYX (Columbus); ABC
WKRC (Cincinnati); CBS
WRGT (Dayton); FOX
WTVG (Toledo); ABC
WYTV (Youngstown);ABC
WTOV (Wheeling-Steubenville) NBC

Basically any network that wanted to pay the rights to show it can

Jimbo
ESPN+ affiliates can really be anyone. If you look at the list of affiliates its a multitude of networks

WEWS (Cleveland); ABC
WSYX (Columbus); ABC
WKRC (Cincinnati); CBS
WRGT (Dayton); FOX
WTVG (Toledo); ABC
WYTV (Youngstown);ABC
WTOV (Wheeling-Steubenville) NBC

Basically any network that wanted to pay the rights to show it can

Hmmm, I figured it would have to be an ESPN/ABC affiliate, but I guess not.
Also seeing that CBS has the SEC contract you would think that they would object to that too.

Hmmm, I figured it would have to be an ESPN/ABC affiliate, but I guess not.
nope. ESPN + is syndicated. As long as someone wants to pay the fee to show it, they can. Doesnt matter who you are. You could be some podunk cable company in Death Row, Nebraka whos star CB goes to Ohio State. They could pick up the game and show it on the public access channel :)

Also seeing that CBS has the SEC contract you would think that they would object to that too.

In a SEC market maybe....but I can give you a great example of the SEC game getting trumped...

Montana Grizzly football is on the CBS affiliates in Montana (all of them...there's 5 CBS affiliates in Mt...all owned by same compnay except one). All conference games are on there and the games start at 1:00 mountain (3:00 Eastern)....so each week folks in MT only see the last little bit of SEC game. Conversely Montana State Bobcats are on the ABC affiliates in MT so the ABC games are trumped too.

Kentucky Coach Aquitted in Player Death Case

Anybody post this yet? Funny....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)