OT Anyone else having (timing out) posting issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

melgarga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2008
SE Texas
I am getting a timeout error if I try to post/preview more that 6-8 lines of txt max, sometimes less. PM seems to work as usual. Was working fine this morning....I am on dialup but it used to work w/o issue...:confused:

Yeah, I PM's Scott before I open this thread, and he said he did notice some "funky" behavior and had just rebooted the server. Seems to be back to normal now.

EDIT -
Guess I should have refreshed before posting a reply Tony. Scott had already responded........lol

Last edited:
Yeah, I PM's Scott before I open this thread, and he said he did notice some "funky" behavior and had just rebooted the server. Seems to be back to normal now.

EDIT -
Guess I should have refreshed before posting a reply Tony. Scott had already responded........lol

Darn Computers :eek:

Sorry for the mislocated thread Boss. I have everything but the FTA and related content turned off in my preferences, so I put it in a section I could see. The posting issue seems to be OK on the lappy running Seven, but I had to config for dialup, assasinate IE, and install Opera, my host file and flash blocking scripts to get it to even load any pages......Seven is nearly as good at hiding critical control features as VISTA....... er......., I mean PITA-POS-OS
The lappy has never been on dialup, so it took a bit to configure it.

I had a post tonight that took a long time and did not ever complete. Opened a new browser and my post was there. Rebooted by modem as I thought it was a problem here.

There is still an issue where the browser freezes when a page loads. This hangs the browser. When closing the tab or window, IE crashes. Trying Firefox now to see how it fares. When this happens, the offending URL appears to be:

hxxp://www.satelliteguys.us/adify_box.html

This is still happening. The adify_box deal seems to have subsided. It doesn't hang so badly, or at least, I can't tell anymore.

But IMO, there are still problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts