Ota adapter (dish)

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
After scanning for channels using the ota adapter connected to the rv antenna (yes boost is on) and wally receiver i only get a few channels. If I just scan with the TV it gets a ton of channels!
Any ideas how to fix this?
Cables are tight.

My experience with the USB tuner is that it not as good as even a cheap TV. Weak stations disappear and strong stations cause overload. In an excellent signal area I was able to get it working reliably but only after using a 2-way splitter to lower the signal about 3db. In an RV you are probably left with trying the pre-amp on then off and slowly tweaking antenna position per channel. Some RV's have multiple RF outlets. You might try the outlet that feeds the TV if you are not using it already. Unused outlets need to be terminated with a receiver or 75 ohm terminating plug.

Reactions: joegr and dishdude
After scanning for channels using the ota adapter connected to the rv antenna (yes boost is on) and wally receiver i only get a few channels. If I just scan with the TV it gets a ton of channels!
Any ideas how to fix this?
Cables are tight.
I had the same experience. With my old Dish receiver and the Terk antenna and splitters, I received several more channels than with the hopper and ota adapter.