OTA and VOOM Program Guide

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

VOOM is scheduled to install next week.

Will the OTA programming info appear in the guide or will it just show the channel with something like "local programming".

Thanks

Depends if Voom has all of your channel's info or not. A few of mine just say "No Info". Like I have a digital PAX that went live about 2 months ago and they still don't have info on that channel, plus they say the my local PBS sub channel 2 is OFF AIR after 11 pm and they are not, then there's NBC which rarely has any info on the HD channel so I have to keep the Sub SD channel in my guide so I know what's on. It's not perfect but it' better than nothing. The HD indicator is frequently wrong as well.

Well that's what Darrell gets for living down in the Willamette valley of Oregon! Heh, heh.

Up here in Seattle at this point we have PG for all the digital channels available. But Darrell is right as it depends on where you live and whether or not VOOM has your digital stations mapped. Good luck.

Listening to music under cloudy/rainy Seattle skies, Gill

P.S.: A friend and I had an "interesting" drive to the West Hills area of Portland yesterday. My friend had to pick up some replacements for his pair of $70,000 stereo speakers. And you thought videophiles were nuts.... Now I know what freezing rain is all about.

Hey Gill, we actually have 5 channels now out of 8 providing OTA PSIP Guide info! But, and this is a BIG but, I have no stb that will read it. The Voom and Dish 6000 stb's do not read the PSIP. If I end up dumping Voom, I will probably buy one of those inexpensive USDTV OTA boxes at Wally World.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts