OTA antenna recomendations

lrossnm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Santa Fe, NM.
I currently have aa Radio Shack antenna on the second story roof, pointing at the mountain in Albuquerque ( a straight shot) where the broadcast antenna's are located. It's about 40 miles away. My OTA station signal strenght , on my 6000, run from the mid 70's to the upper 80's. I also have an amp. connected to the antenna. Most of the channels show up as red and one green on the OCA website. Any recommendations on a better antenna or is this as good as I can get it?

Antenna

Do you have any problems with your antenna losing signals or anything?
If not, I would leave well enough alone and save your money.

Dump the radio shack and get a Channel Master 4228 you'll be happy,you can order online or find locally for around 50.00,has a lot more gain than any thing RD has. I tryed five different antenna when I first start getting HD programing--RD,Winegard,Terk,etc and the CH 4228 was far better than the rest.I am 30 miles from the towers,the antenna is mounted in the back yard 11 feet off the ground(roof mount looks tacky) aimed at townhouses 250 yards away that are 3 stories tall and I never pull less than 89(lowest) average is 95,no drops

lrossnm said:
I currently have aa Radio Shack antenna on the second story roof, pointing at the mountain in Albuquerque ( a straight shot) where the broadcast antenna's are located. It's about 40 miles away. My OTA station signal strenght , on my 6000, run from the mid 70's to the upper 80's. I also have an amp. connected to the antenna. Most of the channels show up as red and one green on the OCA website. Any recommendations on a better antenna or is this as good as I can get it?
The 6000 is a poor indicator of signal strength received, if you are not losing the signal lock leave well enough alone. The broadcast strength of the digital transmitters will probably affect you more than the antenna you are currently using. If the broadcasters are not at full strength now they will be increasing their signal over the next 18 months. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)