OTA Antenna TV Has The Best Picture & Lowest Delay for Live Sports

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as long as OTA signals are mixed with subchannels, the conclusions reached are suspect.

The delay issue may (or may not) be real but does it matter? The use of simulcast hasn't been particularly viable since the advent of DTV where both broadcast radio signals and broadcast TV signals have taken wildly different paths; each with their own built-in delays.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as long as OTA signals are mixed with subchannels, the conclusions reached are suspect.

The delay issue may (or may not) be real but does it matter? The use of simulcast hasn't been particularly viable since the advent of DTV where both broadcast radio signals and broadcast TV signals have taken wildly different paths; each with their own built-in delays.

I don't think that's true with 3.0.

Reactions: raoul5788
I don't think that's true with 3.0.
NEXTGEN TV is every bit as subject to the multiplexing of multiple channels on a single carrier. One of my local ATSC 3.0 RF channels carries three HD network feeds and the other carries four. The NEXTGEN Fox version claims to be 1080p but it seems likely that it is an upconversion from the 720p DTV version rather than a 1080p native feed.

If the DTV broadcasts eventually go away (which grows less certain with each passing month), NEXTGEN TV PQ may improve but not until then.

In all cases, the NEXTGEN TV version appears to be delayed more than the DTV version.