OTA Antenna with SWM Splitter

radiostorm

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
North Carolina
I've made the switch from DirecTV to OTA HDTV during these hard financial times, and had a question or two about my setup and the switchover. I really hope this is the right place to post the question, as I'm new here. All the coax in my home connects to the DirecTV SWM Splitter (green label) with one power DC pass-thru port on said splitter. The antenna that I've purchased for OTA is the GE Futura Indoor/Outdoor Antenna with Built-in Amplifier from Home Depot, which has an AC adapter that comes with it to power the amp over the coax from the source.

Here's the question: can I attach the AC adapter that powers the amp via the coax to the television that is fed from the SWM splitter's power pass-thru out port, and have it feed through the power-pass port to the antenna to power the antenna's built-in amplifier? I don't know if I posted that correctly or not, so here's a rough diagram:

TV 1 ------ AC adapter ---------- (power-pass port) --
TV 2 ------------------------------------------------------- SWM
TV 3 ------------------------------------------------------- Splitter ---------- GE Futura Antenna
Empty port-capped at splitter -------------------------

All help is really appreciated! I'm new to all this, so if this question seems stupid, it may very well be ;-)

Get rid of the SWM equipment if you are not using Directv it is not designed for OTA usage. From your main TV to the GE antenna you should use a single continous cable, you can use a F-81 splice where the SWM splitter was if you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)