OTA Antennas

hdtv 2003

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
I have an 811 and have got a 3010 Channel master outside antenna mounted on the chimney. I get signal strengths of 70's to 80's but the picture will freeze and come back and sometimes loose signal altogether. This morning I couldn't even get channel 12 at all. :confused: I bought another antenna a Channel Master 3016 which is a more traditional antenna, I Hope this will make a difference.

what not to get

I'm sure you wouldn't go this route if you are currently using an outside antenna, but for anyone considering it, I cannot recommend the small Terk non-powered antennas at all. I've since moved to a ChannelMaster (sorry I don't remember the model) but it is a standard OTA outdoor antenna. So far it works great, I get crystal clear HD reception (when my 921 isn't acting up). Mine is mounted in my attic, pointed directly at the local tower.

Sorry I don't have the model info handy, but I do know that mine is a standard UHF/VHF/FM antenna.

willdaddy

Antenna's can be very sensitive. Are all your stations pointed the same direction? Moving the antenna a small amount can make a huge difference. A pre-amp is always nice too.

chevyN8 said:
Antenna's can be very sensitive. Are all your stations pointed the same direction? Moving the antenna a small amount can make a huge difference. A pre-amp is always nice too.

A Channel Master 7777 preamp makes a world of difference. If your towers are in different directions then a rotor is a must have as well.

Ota

I did have a pre-amp and I was able to get all locals except for 54 which is chan 12. I disconnected the pre-amp and then I could get 54/12, then I removed it completely from the system and all signal strengths went up an additional 10 to 15 percent! I guess it was over driving the receivers tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)