OTA/Broadband Cable Diplex Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Where is your broadband cpmong from? In most cases it would overlap with some OTA frequencies but I hesitate to say no without knowing more about the broadband provider.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Without answering you question, I always say keep your OTA direct and pristine.
Yeh, I hear ya. I don't like diplexing anything if I can keep from doing it. I just have a tough situation snaking a coax from basement to attic in a two story home. My wife and I snaked one years ago to the attic for an OTA antenna and it was a b----, but we got it done. Wish I had installed two coaxes now, o well.

Reactions: stimpson
Yeh, I hear ya. I don't like diplexing anything if I can keep from doing it. I just have a tough situation snaking a coax from basement to attic in a two story home. My wife and I snaked one years ago to the attic for an OTA antenna and it was a b----, but we got it done. Wish I had installed two coaxes now, o well.

use the existing cable to pull 2 or 3 new cables.......

We used the existing security system cables as a pull wire to run the OTA antenna coax to the attic. It was a nightmare due ceiling sheet rock in the basement, small 90 degree turn holes in the joist and studs that the security wires go thru. It was super tight and I don't think another coax will be able to get thru the small holes. If something didn't work out I would have to cut a big hole in basement ceiling sheet rock to untangle the wires, etc, etc.

Reactions: papachops
run the cable outside, behind a downspout or something

put a hole in the basement cieling and patch or install a access panel

sorry theres no magic fix, any diplexing will cause OTA grief

run the cable outside, behind a downspout or something

put a hole in the basement cieling and patch or install a access panel

sorry theres no magic fix, any diplexing will cause OTA grief
Thanks Bob Haller. Yep, there are several ways I can do it on the outside by hiding the coax. Just would turn in to a longer cable run and a bigger job to do. I am still brainstorming the situation.

I do not have alink to share but several people are telling me that it will not work with Charter. Having said that I do not know of anyone who has tried it.

I do not have alink to share but several people are telling me that it will not work with Charter. Having said that I do not know of anyone who has tried it.
Thanks Geronimo. I had a feeling it wouldn't work plus forgot to mention the OTA antenna is amplified too. That and the different Charter Cable/OTA mix would be a big mess for a single coax cable to handle. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)