OTA channel listings

carnutga

Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
I have been paying for my local channels on dish for a few years. In February, my total programming bill increased 10%, so I decided to go OTA with my locals to lower my bill. After I dropped the Dish Locals, it appears that I also have lost the ability to program locals using name based recording. The only thing showing up on my cannel guide is "Digital programing" for all the local OTA stations, so I can't do future recording on my 622.
Is this normal when you don't pay for local channels from Dish?

I have been paying for my local channels on dish for a few years. In February, my total programming bill increased 10%, so I decided to go OTA with my locals to lower my bill. After I dropped the Dish Locals, it appears that I also have lost the ability to program locals using name based recording. The only thing showing up on my cannel guide is "Digital programing" for all the local OTA stations, so I can't do future recording on my 622.
Is this normal when you don't pay for local channels from Dish?
Yes. It's worth the $5.

Before you get too excited, name me another company that allows you to DVR programming that does not come from them for less than $5 a month? It's a damn good bargain in my book!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)