OTA Channels Problem please help

CrazyINP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Ok I got VOOM love it :)))
but I have two reveivers one in my living room (no problem all channels there) second in my bedroom well all OTA channels are mising, all of them are map the same way as in the living room but it said that no signal, I tried factory reset, unplug and plug again.
What do you think might be the problem.

Thanks
Ivan

This might be a dumb answer, but are you sure the installer ran a line from the OTA antenna to your second box? It sounds like the mapping is correct, but if you get picture on one TV and no picture on the second, it seems like the second box doesn't have the OTA coming in.

See this...

I see this happen from time to time, not only with OTA channels but also Sat channels. I will get the, "No signal received..." message on a certain channel. Sometimes, if I just let it try for a few seconds, it'll get a signal, others, I have to go elsewhere and come back. Quite annoying...

The Rickster

CrazyINP said:
Ok I got VOOM love it :)))
but I have two reveivers one in my living room (no problem all channels there) second in my bedroom well all OTA channels are mising, all of them are map the same way as in the living room but it said that no signal, I tried factory reset, unplug and plug again.
What do you think might be the problem.

Thanks
Ivan

Check your connections and trace how everything was connected? Is there a diplexer somewhere? Are there 4 lines (two sat and two OTA)?

Well I call my installer,
and he has the same problem right now with other customer, he will call me back later and let me know what the fix would be.
I will keep you updated.

I did and the second box still not showing local channals
I am calling VOOM

DarrellP said:
Try swapping boxes and see if you get the same result.

I have 2 receivers too, one came with the OTA module and works fine, I get all the locals, the other receiver did not come with the module and I am not getting anything. I am sure this was the installers mistake, but look to see if you got a module in the box that is not working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)