OTA channels

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
I have an ota antenna so I receive a lot of locals. I am being charged $12 for my locals from Dish. Can I opt out of receiving the locals and save $12?
Thanks

Yes, you can, but you lose PTAT if you want it.

By turning PTAT on even just with OTA channels you still get the autohop on the big 4.

Reactions: TheKrell
If you record any of the OTA channels you will have limitations. If you have the dual-tuner OTA adapter you will be only able to record two OTA channels at the same time. This is the only reason I have not dropped my Dish provided locals.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
If you record any of the OTA channels you will have limitations. If you have the dual-tuner OTA adapter you will be only able to record two OTA channels at the same time. This is the only reason I have not dropped my Dish provided locals.
Two tuners, two recordings at a time.

Yes, you can, but you lose PTAT if you want it.

By turning PTAT on even just with OTA channels you still get the autohop on the big 4.

I guess I don't know the current autohop rules. I only have OTA for the broadcast networks and I do have PTAT turned on. When I watch ABC the next day, the autohop feature does work. But I have yet to see it work for the other three networks on recorded shows watched days later.

I guess I don't know the current autohop rules. I only have OTA for the broadcast networks and I do have PTAT turned on. When I watch ABC the next day, the autohop feature does work. But I have yet to see it work for the other three networks on recorded shows watched days later.

AutoHop works for all four PTAT channels even if you don't have the DISH Sat local channels package. You have to have the PTAT enabled in the Hopper. In your area you are getting next day AutoHop for ABC. The other three PTAT channels AutoHop will not work till the recordings are usually eight days old. Go in to your PTAT settings and make sure you have the Keep Recordings set to 8 days. See if that fixes your AutoHop issue.

Got my OTA a couple of months ago and dropped the locals. It does limit you some but I don't really watch much big network TV. Yes, you can only record two shows over the OTA at a time but meanwhile you can record multiple satellite shows. That has fit my schedule great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)