OTA Connection to Triple LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok, now i'm going to sound like a real idiot. i actually did every step describe in the manual and could not get it to work b/c of my reception problems.

i really don't like this antenna we have anyway and would like to take it back. it is too large and strange looking. do you have any suggestions on brand or model for my setup? i know you also gave me some other information for my area, but i may need a slight translation on the headings stuff, if you have a chance.

:mad: i really don't like not knowing these things, but my brain is way too tired today to mind asking for help when i know i need it.

Well based on your zip code the towers are in a specific "direction" or heading from you. A compass ($10 @ WalMart) will allow you to determine what direction you must aim the antenna elements for reception.

Next is the fact ABC is VHF and all the rest are UHF, next is the distance. These go into selecting the correct antenna.

As far as the ones that are only 4 miles away:

Try aiming your antenna SSW (214deg) toward Midfield or Hueytown if you are in Birmingham near Avondale Park - and redo the local OTA setup, or whatever its called on the H10.

try to tune in channel 52 which is the frequency assignment for remapped 13.1 WVTM-DT NBC. This is the closest affiliate to you.

OR try 53 which is PBS and has an HD show on @ 1:30 Am called Smart gardening.

This map might help, note the freq numbers for each channel and the line points in the direction the antenna elements should.

Attachments

• combined3_ARCIMS1028190431059.JPG
    combined3_ARCIMS1028190431059.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
thanks charper. you are definitely on your game!!!!! i really appreciate the help.

Can anyone diagram for me how to make the connection between terk a tv 44 and the D* Triple LNB dish with the internal multiswich. I want to use the satellite line to also carry the ota antenna signal to the receiver. I understand that I need to split the signal at the receiver. But I cannot figure out how to connect the antenna at the dish, Thanks

Not possible. You would need an external switch. Of course, that's only if you want the OTA antenna on all Sat lines. If you only need it on one line then a diplexer could be used and then split the signal at the receiver. Just make sure the switcher or diplexer is rated for the use.

Now, if you upgrade to the AT9 dish, then it becomes impossible to diplex the OTA as the frequencies used by some OTA HD signals are in the same range as the new signals used by the AT9. A separate line is then required.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Once again, NP! So did you receive a signal?

i haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but i've definitely decided i'm taking this indoor, weird looking antenna back.

prior to getting your advice, i've tried every possible orientation and direction humanly possilbe and i was still getting terrible reception.

knowing my setup, could you recommend an antenna which may work better? i think i'd prefer it to be outdoor if they all are big and funky looking.

Try finding any of these. Shy away from any "gimicky" antennas. The good old traditionals will be just fine.

Winegard HD7080P
Winegard HD 7082P
Winegard PR 7037
Winegard PR 7032
Channel Master CM 3679
Channel Master CM 3030

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)