OTA Digital Antenna in the Indy area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nuthatcher

Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Hello ! I am new to this forum. I just ordered VOOM. I am wanting to know what would be the best ota antenna to get. I have one problem which is that I have to deal with a Home association. They still say I have to have permission to put up a dish.That is not a problem as I already have directv and a dish. The problem is that they say no to ota antennas. I sent them a review form and hoping they will say yes. I also gave them the web address for the FCC otard fact sheet. I also let them know that I know the rules for ota antennas.

If I can't put it up outside I may have to put up one in the attic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope I put this in the right forum as I am still trying learn this group. :)

I'm near Indy, up by Lebanon. Before Voom, I had a Terk55 into a Samsung
SIR-T165. It worked ok, but not as well as I had hoped. When Voom was installed,
the Terk could only pick up 13-1 and 20-1&2. Very disappointing. The installer
brought a Wingard wing antenna and it was worse than the Terk. No OTA at all. Junk.

I ordered a DB4 from antennasdirect.com, put it up, and now I get 4,6,8,13,20,23 and 59
on the Voom. No dropouts, works every time. Highly recommended.

Now, if only the sat part of Voom worked as well. Lots of rain fade, VHS quality on most
of the SD channels, a few crash/freezes, blocky mpeg artifacts when changing channels,
poorly implemented menu system, 2nd and 3rd rate content (and highly repeated) on the
Voom exclusive channels...

they CANNOT keep you from putting up an OTA antenna. No size restrictions or anything except heighth they can require a permit.

They will NOT win in court!

Get the biggest and ugliest OTA antenna and put it up...OUTSIDE (unless your like me and the wife says nada :) )

Thanks for the replies. What brand is the DB4. Might give it a try. I live on the northwest side of Indy and the furthest transmitter about 25 miles. The closest are 2 to 6 miles. They are all north west of me.I would like to get Channel 4 also but there transmitter is to far away. I doubt I could get their sister station Channel 29 either. Channel 4 would be south but channel 29 would be north and a little closer.

nuthatcher said:
Hello ! I am new to this forum. I just ordered VOOM. I am wanting to know what would be the best ota antenna to get. I have one problem which is that I have to deal with a Home association. They still say I have to have permission to put up a dish.That is not a problem as I already have directv and a dish. The problem is that they say no to ota antennas. I sent them a review form and hoping they will say yes. I also gave them the web address for the FCC otard fact sheet. I also let them know that I know the rules for ota antennas.

If I can't put it up outside I may have to put up one in the attic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope I put this in the right forum as I am still trying learn this group. :)

Nuthatcher
Not sure what side of indy you live but i can tell you that for the most part in the indy area with the winguard we are getting all locals with it but channel 4 and it is because channel 4 tower is trafalger and the rest of them are on the north side of indy

Wndy 23

is anyone having trouble all of a sudden picking this up? I didn't until the other day (Tuesday I think) and since then...no signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)