OTA Diital or ANlaog

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am not sure if this is the right forum but is there a way of knowing which OTA stations on the two roviders are the analog versions and which digital. Just curiosity.

Dish provides SD locals, which I believe are all currently analog. The "HD" locals they provide would be the digital feeds.

There are a few digital only stations in the country, but none to my knowledge are affiliated with major networks.

Well in DC one of the channels offered does not evenbroadcast in analog anymore. So that can't be totally true. Is there any way of knowing which version we are getting---not that it really matters if it is presented in SD. Just curious.

Here, KHSL is the CBS affiliate. They are using their sub-channel for the CW-10 channel. There is no analog channel here for the CW-10. E* has provided the "CW-10" channel via LiL. E* must be doing both analog and digital for SD LiL.

It really doesn't matter what modulation type the signal is delivered to the Sat provider they use a different modulation type so it must be de-modulated and remodulated or transcoded to the modulation type used by the Sat provider.

You are correct that it does not really matter. As I said it is just curiosity concerning which signal they choose to use.

You are correct that it does not really matter. As I said it is just curiosity concerning which signal they choose to use.

Id assume its a channel by channel basis.. Depending on which signal they can get the cheapest/easiest. Heck in oralndo we picked up one of the locals for cable broadcast by microwave as early as about a year ago.. Now its all fiber.

That might take awhile given the number of stations. I think that all we can safely say is that no one knows. Thanks anyway