OTA Dropouts Driving me nuts!!

I received *NOTHING* from KTBC. American Idol was totally unwatchable.

If you need more ammo A10HDTV, let me know. I'm up in Round Rock, O'Connor & 620 area.

Surveyor98 - Finally talked to one in product engineering and he talked to others in the department and checked the KRI's (known Rec issues) and said they had no knowledge of this issue.
I filled him in on all the info I could including some posts from this and two other fourms I've been checking for resolution to this problem, and he thanked me and said they would research more into it.

Well, that's BS! I have called and written Dish about this issue! Thanks for telling them again...

What two other forums have you been checking for solutions to the issue?

Thanks,
freddie

rfb3 - The two other forums that I have viewed posts concerning this issue are avsforum and dbstalk. I was surprised when Dish acted like this was a new issue, but I know you need to be directed to the right department. Some times communication within a service can be poor at best.

I just sent an email to KTBC Fox in Austin and hopefully they will respond with some positive info. If they are working with Dish maybe I can get the name of an engineer at Dish then I can call Dish back and get some status on what they are doing.

Does anyone know when Dish will be providing Austin locals in HD? This might be the quickest solution the the problem.

A10

KTBC Austin Update

Well, after Dish telling me they knew nothing of the problem and they would research it, I sent an email to FOX KTBC in Austin and explained the situation to them.

Within the week a KTBC engineer called me to discuss the problem. He told me they were aware of the problem and have been calling Dish twice a month without any return calls.

I called Dish today and passed on the engineer at KTBS Austin's contact info and hopefully they will make contact and fix this thing.

Again does anyone have a clue when Austin will recieve locals in HD? That might be our quickest solution.

I will follow up with KTBC in a few days and see if Dish was able to make contact.

A10

Well, after Dish telling me they knew nothing of the problem and they would research it, I sent an email to FOX KTBC in Austin and explained the situation to them.

Within the week a KTBC engineer called me to discuss the problem. He told me they were aware of the problem and have been calling Dish twice a month without any return calls.

I called Dish today and passed on the engineer at KTBS Austin's contact info and hopefully they will make contact and fix this thing.

Again does anyone have a clue when Austin will recieve locals in HD? That might be our quickest solution.

I will follow up with KTBC in a few days and see if Dish was able to make contact.

A10

I've sent e-mails to KTBC as well, but I get NOTHING back from them.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Did you also tip off KTBC to the exciter firmware thread?

Thanks,
LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts