OTA, EHD, Remote, HIC, and integration questions

girdnerg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2007
Trying to get caught up on the Hopper and Joey situation. Been doing a lot of reading and searching and am getting hit and miss info, so I have a few questions.

How many OTA modules can be active on one Hopper? I understand PTAT will take care of most, but I record CW programming and would still like to have the other 2 tuners available. Can the OTA be seen on a second Hopper? How are the bugs going on the OTA module?

How many EHDs can be active on one hopper and view programming from? I saw where one fellow had many but could only send to some. CAn a second Hopper see the EHDs on the first? Also, how are the bugs going on these?

How many USB devices (OTA and EHDs) can be active on one Hopper?

I use a Harmony One remote. I've read the Hopper will accept the codes for the 722k I currently have set up and that I will just have to use the 21.0 from my 722k to learn the Red/yellow/blue/green buttons for the Hopper. Is this true and if not, what will I have to do to get the Harmony One up and running with the Hopper?

Just to make sure I understand, if a HIC is installed, that provides internet to the whole system of Hoppers and Joeys, correct?

What's the status of a 2 Hopper 4 Joey integration system. What can see what?

Whew, that's enough for now.
Thanks so much for your time.

Trying to get caught up on the Hopper and Joey situation. Been doing a lot of reading and searching and am getting hit and miss info, so I have a few questions.

How many OTA modules can be active on one Hopper? I understand PTAT will take care of most, but I record CW programming and would still like to have the other 2 tuners available. Can the OTA be seen on a second Hopper? How are the bugs going on the OTA module?

1 OTA module per Hopper. OTA channels can only be accessed by the hopper with the OTA module and Joeys linked to it.

How many EHDs can be active on one hopper and view programming from? I saw where one fellow had many but could only send to some. CAn a second Hopper see the EHDs on the first? Also, how are the bugs going on these?

EHDs are only accessible from the Hopper they are connected to. Some people drop the EHD each night but my SeaFate never drops. A reboot seems to restore the missing EHD.

How many USB devices (OTA and EHDs) can be active on one Hopper?

There are 3 USB ports. I have an OTA and EHD connected with no issues but other users have said they use USB hubs for more devices but I can't speak to that.

I use a Harmony One remote. I've read the Hopper will accept the codes for the 722k I currently have set up and that I will just have to use the 21.0 from my 722k to learn the Red/yellow/blue/green buttons for the Hopper. Is this true and if not, what will I have to do to get the Harmony One up and running with the Hopper?

From what I understand, many people use a Harmony remote and they work pretty well,

Just to make sure I understand, if a HIC is installed, that provides internet to the whole system of Hoppers and Joeys, correct?

Yes, but you don't need a HIC. If you can connect one Hopper hard wired or Wifi, it can share the full connection with all the other receivers once you enable Bridging on the connected Hopper.

What's the status of a 2 Hopper 4 Joey integration system. What can see what?

The Hoppers and Joeys can access all DVR content from both Hoppers, but the Joeys can only access the tuners from the Hopper they are linked to. But linking a Joey to the second Hopper is simple and quick is the menus.

Whew, that's enough for now.
Thanks so much for your time.

Thanks lucky86, that covers most of it.

I would still like to hear a more detailed answer from someone who is using a Harmony remote.
I would like to know if my 722K codes would work and how to get the colored buttons to work.

Thanks,

I have a Harmony 1 and just told it I have a Hopper and it set it up pretty well, including the color buttons.

I did add a few actions to some screens that I wanted.

The Harmony database has the Hopper listed - all the features work on the Harmony One if you add the colored buttons , the DVR (list) button, live TV, and the PIP commands to the LCD. They don't have to be "learned" - they are in the database.

I upgraded from a 722 to a hopper. I just learned the colored buttons on my one and it works great.

Thanks to ALL that replied, but this is the one I wanted to hear. It's so much easier to just add 4 buttons than to replace a device in several activities.

JR_Baas,
Just to verify, besides the colored buttons, all else is working fine with the original 722 setup? Did you use the 722 remote to learn the colored buttons?
thanks,

Thought of another. What's it take to turn on Closed Captions CC? Is it still a 9 button sequence?
Thanks

Thanks to ALL that replied, but this is the one I wanted to hear. It's so much easier to just add 4 buttons than to replace a device in several activities.

JR_Baas,
Just to verify, besides the colored buttons, all else is working fine with the original 722 setup? Did you use the 722 remote to learn the colored buttons?
thanks,

The only thing I did was add the 4 buttons. Used the remote from my 211K.

HD Locals

2 Hopper with Sling Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)