ota epg & local channel numbers

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
I am now able to get locals in the DMA I live in because Dish is now using your zip+4 code for determining eligibility. So as a result I have turned locals back on. (Greenville-Washington-New Bern). However, my ota guide still shows digital service and my channel numbers are in the 7700 series. No matter what I do to my 622, it will not give me the correct channel numbers or the ota epg. Dish csr said it will take a while. Does anyone know how long it will take?

It can take a couple of days, but usually within a day your locals show up on their local channel numbers. Also make sure the "mapping" feature has not been disabled in the 622 menu.

See ya
Tony

I hope yours does start working. My locals only show up in the 4 digit number sections. E* says that I just live in an area that doesn't allow them to map the channels down properly (sounds like bad software problems to me!). My parents and my sister have the same problem with E* locals. I've learned to live with it, but it is certainly not the optimal situation!

For some odd reason, I get locals from Birmingham Alabama (60+ miles away) instead of Huntsville Alabama (20-25 miles away) too. Still don't understand that, as none of the Bham stations really cover the news for the area I live, much less severe weather coverage!

Kg, you may have the same problem as I did with locals. Live in one dma with zip for another. Go to dish website and check locals eligibility and it will let you plug in your zip code + four number and you may find that you are eligible for the Huntsville stations. Worked for me. As far as the channel numbers and ota epg, cannot check on that until I get home. I certainly will not like it if I don't have the right channel numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts