OTA from cable?

bryguyboi

Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
I'm wondering if it's possible to pull my local hd channels into the vip622 from my cable service? does anyone know how I might go about this or even if it's possible? You see, I get cable internet service and they don't block the local hd channels from my line so I'd like to use it because it's more reliable than my OTA reception.

Thanks for the info. I figured it was worth a shot. Oh well. I'll just run it on anther input to my tv.

I'm a little confused...How does the 622 work with OTA HD, except with a QAM tuner???

Dahenny,

This answer is simple. OTA HD is ATSC for which the Vip622 has a tuner for. Cable uses a totally different transmission method (QAM), and since the Vip622 does NOT have a QAM tuner you can NOT pick up Cables QAM signals with a VIP622.

ATSC is a standard developed by the Federal Government using a specific modulation scheme. QAM doesn't equal ATSC, they are both completely different.

John

I'm wondering if it's possible to pull my local hd channels into the vip622 from my cable service? does anyone know how I might go about this or even if it's possible? You see, I get cable internet service and they don't block the local hd channels from my line so I'd like to use it because it's more reliable than my OTA reception.

The 811 is the only Dish HD receiver I am familiar with that has a QAM tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)