OTA guide info questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I am having a little issue with my 922 and OTA guide that I'm hoping someone can help me with. My OTA stations are a satellite feed of my Sioux Falls, SD locals that I subscribe to. So the channel names are slightly different even though the content is the same. Since the names are different, Dish does not carry the guide info for me. And since it's a 922 and I can't do any manual recordings, my OTA tuner is essentially useless. I have no way to record off of it short of starting and stopping the recording myself.

So I'm just wondering if there is anyone I can talk to to try and get Dish to get my guide info? Or even if they would just enable manual recording on the 922 would help!

Sure can. But only on channels that have guide info. It wont let me do it on any ota channels that have no info. It won't even show them anywhere on the remote access site.

Can someone please explain why such a common feature as manual recording was not on the 922 out the door? Is Dish at least planning on an update for that soon? Even lame DVR's have manual recording, but not the flagship 922? It's been to long for the 922 to be without manual recording feature.

This seems to come up every few months. I'm not sure why they didn't include it, but I can honestly say I've never missed it as I have never used a manual recording (going back to the Tivo Series 2). At least it is available online for those of you that use it.

Ya, I have the same issue, I am here in Tulsa, no line of sight for all of WA, so I have a EA install, but no Tulsa locals :(, and there is no way to manually create a timer for OTA stuff, so I am like missing all the shows I love that are on locals. Just wish they would do a software update to allow you to create manual timers!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts