OTA guide problems with 211

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
When I heard Dish Network would not have Orlando HD locals until next year, I decided to put up an outside antenna for my HD Locals. Everthing is fine except a lot of the channels in the guide don't have any program info it just says "Digital Service". Is this something that will work itself out in time or is there anything I can do to fix it.

There is nothing you can do, short of writing letters to dish. Having to assume you subscribe to your locals, for some reason the info for some of the stations do not come through. Most of these are the subchannels (dish has never had them to my knowledge), pbs is several areas do not come through and of course channels with dish does not carry. The pbs is supposed to be addressed, not sure of any of the other issues.

I do still subscribe to locals. I had deleted the satellite locals in the settings to avoid having duplicate channels. I guess the choice has to be made weather I want the program info or the duplicates. Other than what you mentioned above I am also not getting program info for Channel 35 (Fox). It is nice to have the locals in HD though!

Thanks!

Yes, but the satellite local (x-00) is the same channel programming wise as OTA x-01 is. I guess it would be nice if you could add just the satellite locals that have programming info missing on the perspective OTA channels. You can add or delete individual OTA channels, but not individual satellite local channels. Another thing I have noticed there doesn't appear to be any difference between HD Priority and SD Priority, the guide looks the same to me.