Ota Guide Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CyberSpock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
US
Is there a way to trigger OTA Guide Update? I did a scan and added a few more stations. But the guide is obviously messed up showing descriptions on the wrong lines. Power cycle doesnt change it. Do I just have to wait?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is there a way to trigger OTA Guide Update? I did a scan and added a few more stations. But the guide is obviously messed up showing descriptions on the wrong lines. Power cycle doesnt change it. Do I just have to wait?

What receiver? If a Hopper my guess is yes give it time to correct. VIP receivers should be correct immediately. Don't know about a Wally.

Doh. I have a Hopper 3. I expect it to update itself in time. Right now, for example, the guide has HSN (home shopping network) on one line but the description info is for the correct show. Only at the guide level it is wrong.

Turn the Hopper and any connected Joeys off (standby) and make sure there's no recordings in progress or scheduled for at least 30 minutes. The guide should start to update several minutes after you turn off the Hopper.

Turn the Hopper and any connected Joeys off (standby) and make sure there's no recordings in progress or scheduled for at least 30 minutes. The guide should start to update several minutes after you turn off the Hopper.
Ok thanks. Everyone watching now, I will try it tomorrow if it hasn't updated. It probably should anyway when everyone stops watching tonight.

Reactions: JSheridan
What receiver? If a Hopper my guess is yes give it time to correct. VIP receivers should be correct immediately. Don't know about a Wally.
I have seen the guide get messed up on ViP receivers after an OTA scan. On ViP receivers, you can force a guide update by rebooting the receiver or doing a Check Switch. For Wally or Hopper, just leave the receivers in standby like JSheridan said.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts