OTA HD Antenna for Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Hi, I need a recommended OTA HD antenna for my Dish 811 and was wondering what you experts in the DFW area use. Keep in mind I live just north of the Colony and next to Frisco and I am about 40 miles north of downtown Dallas. I was looking at the Terk 55 but am open to suggestions! Thanks! :cool:

The Terk55 SUCKS! Go with a standard Radio SHack or Channel Master big ugly antenna. If you have a two story house, you may be able to just throw it in your attic.

If you have any problems, call Topp Robertson. He came out to my house in Plano and within 15 minutes solved my reception problem.

Topp Robertson, Owner
Applied Digital Science, LLC
1832 Chaparral Court
Grapevine, Texas 76051-4828
Phone: 817-329-0962
E-mail: info@idigscience.com

ingramba said:
Hi, I need a recommended OTA HD antenna for my Dish 811 and was wondering what you experts in the DFW area use. Keep in mind I live just north of the Colony and next to Frisco and I am about 40 miles north of downtown Dallas. I was looking at the Terk 55 but am open to suggestions! Thanks! :cool:
I live in west Frisco (423 & 720). I'm using a 72" RCA combo mounted in the attic (above 2nd floor media room) running thru the 811. I'm getting pretty good reception on all the DTV signals - 74% low - 92% high. I would probably get a little better signal w/ant. mounted outside. You are actually about 30 miles from the towers in cedar hill. I would try one the Channel master antenna - they seem to make the best. Don't get sucked into trying one of those indoor amplified jobs - you will have trouble. I tried about 4 different models and had trouble w/all of them. Good luck.

A Channel Master Stealth or a Winegard Sensar 1000 should work well for you if you want a small easily hidden antenna. Go to Home depot and get the small RCA they carry for about $35 if you can mount an antenna of about 5ft. I think Future Wireless on Main St. could also help you if you don't want to do it yourself.