OTA HD Antenna??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok I'm thinking about getting a OTA putting up in the attic so who makes a good one. Also my local stations range between 44-60 miles away..

At that distance, don't expect much with an attic antenna, even an outdoor rated one. You really need the antenna outside.

Living in the sticks....

Can anyone recommend an antenna to get OTA HD from about 70 miles away. I'm at 05773 & would like to pick up stations in Albany, NY. Not sure what the zip is there. Thanks in advance.

Most digital channels are currently in the UHF band, and I have had wonderful experiences with my two UHF antennas: Washington DC (55+ miles), Baltimore (90+ miles) during evening hours, Richmond VA (51+ miles) and Charlottesville VA (53+ miles). I use used two Channel Master 4228 antennas with matching CM-7775 pre-amps.

I have been using these antennas for the past fours years, however with the Analog Shutdown occuring in February 2009 some broadcaster will be returning to their former VHF frequency. I'm not sure how this will affect local broadcasters in your area, but it is certainily someone to consider as we are nearing 2007. In my case, three of the broacasters in the DMAs I mentioned above will be moving their DTV antennas over to VHF, which will complicate my OTA reception.

I put your zip code into antennaweb.org and set the antenna elevation at 500 ft.

Even at this altitude the only digital seen was from Rutland VT, some 15 miles north of you on channel 28.1 frequency ch 9. No trace of channel reception from Albany, NY, even analog.

Even at 1000 ft there is no hint of channels from Albany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts