OTA HD Reception only? With 811: Is it possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

golfman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
I thought I seen a thread the other day where someone had figured out how to view his OTA HD through the 811 without the satellite feed hooked up. I may be overlooking the thread but can someone tell me how this works.

Here is the deal. Hurricane Ivan has done something to my satellite reception. I checked the dish and all of the angles are still as is. Anyway if I can't get it working for this weekend I'm in desperate need to watch my CBS-HD OTA feed Saturday for the Auburn vs. LSU (WAR EAGLE) game.

Can I do it?

Well the 6000 used to be able to go local only if you did a switch test and it found no switch/LNBs. It would take some playing with it, essentially you had to do a combination of switch tests and factory resets/nvram clearings and it would give up on the satellites and only do locals.

I think what you do is press menu, and then go to program guide. from there you can choose the local channels.

bjohn said:
I think what you do is press menu, and then go to program guide. from there you can choose the local channels.

Good deal. Do you know this for sure or are you just "thinking".

Thanks,

I can get to OTAs when I have lost the satellite signal (heavy thunderstorm). I press "Guide" and patiently wait for the guide to come up ... it may try to find the satellite but just be patient. When the guide appears, scroll up to the OTA channels and select one through the guide. The channel appears.

I do not think the LSU/Auburn game will be in HD. The Tenn/Florida Saturday night game will be the only CBS HD game this weekend.

chopkins said:
I do not think the LSU/Auburn game will be in HD. The Tenn/Florida Saturday night game will be the only CBS HD game this weekend.

Yeah, I disappointly found that out looking at CBS's website. These broadcast companies need to fully convert to HDTV. Oh well, I guess if Auburn beats LSU in standard OTA it may soothe my HDTV woes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts