OTA HD Recorder W/O Contract

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
My current situation is that I subscribe to the Superstations package as well as my SD locals (no HD locals available) and the Bloomberg channel on an ala carte basis. Separate 18 inch dishes are pointed at the 119 and 110 locations joined by a SW21 switch. I have to pay a $6 /month access fee due to no major package.
I would like to know if Dish would allow me to purchase a HD DVR that can record from the antenna with no contract and no other programming package required. Which DVR would that be?
I believe I have read about an "HD enabling fee". Would this be applicable and how much is it?
I have also read that if one takes the SD locals there is guide information for the OTA digital channels. Does this include the sub-channels that Dish does not carry? If not, is it possible to set up a manual recording?
If I should have to move to an apartment where satellite reception is not possible would the DVR still work for OTA only?
Obviously, I have done some research on the subject but would appreciate confirmation from those of you who are much more knowledgeable on this subject. Thank you.

Keep you eyes open for the DISH TR50 OTA DVR coming this fall you buy it for around $300 and no subscription fees required.

Problems with HD from ViP211k

Customer service menu not working...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts