OTA HD subchannel listings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I've heard a few people say that they don't get subchannel listings for OTA stations. IE... when paying for local service, they will get listings for channel 7.1 (which is a mirror of 7's programming), but they won't get listings for 7.2, 7.3, etc.

I have a 622, live in the Los Angeles area, and get many subchannel listings. Specifically, for Los Angeles, I get the following subchannel listings:

7.2 -- (abc news / talk show programming)
7.3 -- weather (listed constantly as "weather / traffic information")
28.1 -- KCET PBS HD (different programming than KCET SD)
28.2 -- KCET SD
28.3 -- KCET (pbs "create")
50.2 -- KOCE (pbs)
58.2 (KLCS PBS)
58.3 (pbs "create")
58.4 (another pbs feed)

Does anyone else in other cities also get subchannel listings? Or are those of us in Los Angeles the only ones getting them? I was just very surprised -- but very happy -- to get the subchannel listings.

Robert

skierrob said:
I've heard a few people say that they don't get subchannel listings for OTA stations. IE... when paying for local service, they will get listings for channel 7.1 (which is a mirror of 7's programming), but they won't get listings for 7.2, 7.3, etc.

I have a 622, live in the Los Angeles area, and get many subchannel listings. Specifically, for Los Angeles, I get the following subchannel listings:

7.2 -- (abc news / talk show programming)
7.3 -- weather (listed constantly as "weather / traffic information")
28.1 -- KCET PBS HD (different programming than KCET SD)
28.2 -- KCET SD
28.3 -- KCET (pbs "create")
50.2 -- KOCE (pbs)
58.2 (KLCS PBS)
58.3 (pbs "create")
58.4 (another pbs feed)

Does anyone else in other cities also get subchannel listings? Or are those of us in Los Angeles the only ones getting them? I was just very surprised -- but very happy -- to get the subchannel listings.

Robert
Is there program info for those subchannels? Or just the subchannels.

I get full program information for all of these subchannels.... it correctly shows every show that will be aired (just like normal channels do in the guide).

Robert

I live in Rochester NY and don't get listings for my subchannels that don't mirror the SD locals. So I get data for cbs,fox,nbc, and abc stations. I also get info for the SD feed of the PBS station, but nothing for the 3 other PBS channels which sucks because I never know whats on PBS-HD. So I get data for 21.4 (PBS-SD), but nothing for 21.1(HD), 21.2, and 21.3. Also the NBC weather sub channel has no data. Is it possible that dish only includes digital sub-channel info where they have launched HD locals? Rochester doesn't have HD locals from dish.

williamkmurphy said:
I live in Rochester NY and don't get listings for my subchannels that don't mirror the SD locals. So I get data for cbs,fox,nbc, and abc stations. I also get info for the SD feed of the PBS station, but nothing for the 3 other PBS channels which sucks because I never know whats on PBS-HD. So I get data for 21.4 (PBS-SD), but nothing for 21.1(HD), 21.2, and 21.3. Also the NBC weather sub channel has no data. Is it possible that dish only includes digital sub-channel info where they have launched HD locals? Rochester doesn't have HD locals from dish.

Could be. I live in Atlanta where they do have HD locals. However, my guide just displays Digital Service.

I used to get guide data for the SD PBS and PBS-HD but both were removed months ago. I think its crappy of dish to charge for local guide data and only provide it in a half ass way.

I'm in LA I get the same you get, I just wish they'd fix KOCE 50.1 programming info, that info is actually for 50.2 (the SD mirror) and 50.1 is KOCE HD (not even titan tv has listings for it, KOCE is a podunk run PBS station).

I wish there was a dish EPG corrections email address, I'm trired of having timers fire for 50.1 when they should be firing for 50.2!

skierrob said:
I get full program information for all of these subchannels.... it correctly shows every show that will be aired (just like normal channels do in the guide).

Robert
They can't even get the primary channel, WCBS-dt 2-1 right in NY and are missing some other minor stations they carry as well. No subchannels.

abricko:

After talking to the station, it's my understanding that KOCE 50 does not provide channel listings for 50.1 to ANYONE. They told me the HD channel is in "test" mode and that they don't give out program info. for that station.

Wierd, huh?

It's why we're dumping Dish

Local sub channel data blocked in Minneapolis/ St. Paul also.

Direct TV's HR PVR provides guide for these stations. Dish has blocked them post 921. I'm convinced Dish considers the stations - especially PBS-HD - to be threats; Pure HD, Alot of HD original programming, commercial free & FREE.

Ironically, if Dish didn't block the data, we would have stayed.

As soon as Tivo series 3 is released in 2,3 months, we're gone.

I'm in the Tampa, FL DMA. All subchannels that are -1, i.e. 3-1 which is the SD digital station for channel 3, show the same information as the primary station. However, all the other subchannels just appear as Digital Programming. This is particularly annoying since channel 3 is our PBS station, and their HD programming is on 3-5, and there is no listing for HD programming.

I previously had D*, and they carried all the correct subchannel guide information, and even indicated on the subchannel if the program was broadcast in HD.

Of these channels:

None of the sub-channels say anything other than digital service, no details. I don't recall if the ones I'm not supposed to have (Miami since I'm in Palm Beach) show up, but I think they do.

I don't get any subchannel listings here in Gainesville, FL. I don't even get listings on my local PBS, and E* carries that channel. I know my local channels are sending out the info, I can receive it with my tv's built in tuner, so why can't the E* receivers display that info.

Woohoo!!! 100 posts!!! :bday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts