Monk Preview on Dish on Demand?

Kevin Elm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
I was cleaning up the hard drive on my 510 and noticed that in the DoD selections I have a free preview of the season premiere of "Monk" scheduled to air on Friday, July 8. Haven't watched it yet, but wondered if anyone else has it.

The preview is only loaded on my 510. Our 622 doesn't have it.

We watched it this evening. Not exactly free - it was sponsored by Visa so you had to watch some brief (less than 30 second) commercials. But there was no charge for it.

It was pretty funny. Since I got to see it before everyone else, I feel like I'm on "square 2".

Even if you're a huge fan of monk, I urge everyone to PLEASE not watch this. If Dish thinks this is a feature we want and will use, they will continue it and shove it down our throats even more. Show some self-control and don't watch it.

Purogamer said:
Even if you're a huge fan of monk, I urge everyone to PLEASE not watch this. If Dish thinks this is a feature we want and will use, they will continue it and shove it down our throats even more. Show some self-control and don't watch it.

I don't see possibly how watching or not watching a free preview makes any difference. A certain portion of the hard drive on my DVR is already dedicated to DoD. It's not as if they didnt put Monk on that I would get some of the hard drive back. I don't get to pick what Dish puts on DoD. There is a lot of crap on there I'll never watch. If they want to put a free preview of a TV show I DO watch on, then I'll give it a try.

I've seen nothing about this announced. Did just some E* customers get the preview? Was it only certain receivers? My 510 had it but my 622 did not. How did Dish decide?

For that matter how does Dish figure out which movies to push down to DoD??? Does everyone get the same movies or does Dish try to guess your preferences and only push things they think you want to watch?

Purogamer said:

LOL, I just watched it just to piss you off! hehehehehe :D :D :D

Dish knows what you guys watch, Dish Home is what, #2 or #1 (don't remember) and you guys are just making dish think we want this crap more. Congrats to you...

Purogamer said:
Dish knows what you guys watch, Dish Home is what, #2 or #1 (don't remember) and you guys are just making dish think we want this crap more. Congrats to you...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Purogamer said:

Dish is not going to stop Dish on Demand. Why? 3 words "Competition with Cable". They don't want it to be this major selling point that Cable has On-Demand..Satellite doesn't.

They're not going to give us true on-demand if they think we're happy enough with Dish-on-demand. See the bigger picture here guys...It will be treated the same way that HD resolution is treated. They give you the least that they can get away with, and some of you have decided that it's good enough.

Can someone willing to check watch the free MONK on demand and check to see if CC works? I watched it but didn't get any captions.

Dish on Demand in its current state BLOWS..........with a capital B.....but isn't the ethernet port on the VIP receivers supposed to be used for real internet on-demand programming in the future?

David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)