OTA HD Via 811 ...Guide?

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
This is a simple question....I have a 811 receiver hooked up to 110 and 61.5 and an OTA ant. The guide is fine for the Dish Ch's, but the guide for the locals says No Program Info. All the ch's are mapped correctly but I was wondering if any guide info would ever become present. I would like to be able to read what is on. I use to have VOOM and I thought I remembered the local ch's having guide info....I might be wrong though.

Are locals available in your area from Dish?

If so, then YES the 811 should map the local info from their LIL channels to your DIGITAL OTA channels (not your OTA ANALOG channels.) Also, it only maps their LIL info to your .1 OTA channels - no other 'multicast' info is included in the guide (IE .2, .3, etc.)

You didn't specifically mention location 119 - do you not have a dish 500 for 110/119 and a 300 for 61.5? If not, then maybe the LIL channel info for your area is coming from 119 and maybe that is why you are not getting guide info for your OTA digitals.

KyDave said:
Are locals available in your area from Dish?
If so, then YES the 811 should map the local info from their LIL channels to your DIGITAL OTA channels (not your OTA ANALOG channels.) Also, it only maps their LIL info to your .1 OTA channels - no other 'multicast' info is included in the guide (IE .2, .3, etc.)
You didn't specifically mention location 119 - do you not have a dish 500 for 110/119 and a 300 for 61.5? If not, then maybe the LIL channel info for your area is coming from 119 and maybe that is why you are not getting guide info for your OTA digitals.
Yes they are available and yes they are on 119 for NY. I currently have my dish hooked up to 110 and 61.5.....not 119. So, I take it that is the reason that I'm not getting the local info mapped to my digital OTA?

Yes, it uses the guide data from the LIL channels to fill it out. If I search for something on a local the results screen shows it on the dish number and in red as unsubscribed.

vinnyv07 said:
Yes they are available and yes they are on 119 for NY. I currently have my dish hooked up to 110 and 61.5.....not 119. So, I take it that is the reason that I'm not getting the local info mapped to my digital OTA?
NYC locals at least the major channels are on 119/TX 20...Since your system is not conn to 119 it CANNOT download those chs on the EPG....DO you have an 18"dish point at 110? or is this a d-500 dish just not skewed and pointed at 110?

dishcomm said:
NYC locals at least the major channels are on 119/TX 20...Since your system is not conn to 119 it CANNOT download those chs on the EPG....DO you have an 18"dish point at 110? or is this a d-500 dish just not skewed and pointed at 110?
Yes...I have an 18in pointed at 110 and an 18in pointed at 61.5. Right now I'm going to leave things as is. If it bothers me that much...I'll hook up a new dish. Figures though...the one sat I'm not pointing at is the one I need for the guide data.

My Local OTA channels on my 811 map fine, but seem to lose the information all the time about what show is on the local OTA program is on. It most of the time says "Local Digital" or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)